Chapter 27

Sky's pov
Something wasn't right. Ryan has been very distant with me. He doesn't kiss me anymore, talk to me, or look at me. It's like I'm not there, as if he was alone in his house.We still go to work together but he only calls me when he needs something, we don't even eat lunch together anymore. I feel like we're not even a couple, we just became so distant, like we're strangers.But I wasn't going to give up.  Something is wrong with Ryan and I'm gonna find out. I grabbed my stuff and left the office, I didn't care if I left early. Ryan kept on calling my name but I ignored him, I'm going to get to the bottom of this. I get home and run to Ryan's small office. I search all over the place, hopefully finding something that'll give me a answer. But nothing was found. I hear the sound of keys as the door opens up. Ryan was home. I close the door and make my way to the living room. His eyes connect with mine and anger is written all over his face.

"Why did you leave so early Sky?"

I was quiet. If I tell him I'm sure he'll blow up.

"ANSWER ME SKYAR!!"

I looked up with hurt in my eyes. He has never called me Skylar before only the time when I first started working here, when he treated me like shit..

"You wanna know why Ryan? Because I'm sick if this! I'm sick of you being so distant from me!! It's like we're strangers, your not the same person I fell in love with. Something changed you, and I need to know why"

"What are you talking about Sky? I'm still the same person, just because I want some privacy doesn't mean I'm a different person. There's no reason to give you and this discussion has ended"

"You even talk to me like if we're at work! Please Ryan I beg you, why are you like this? If it's something I said or did, I'm sorry! But I'm in pain! Every time you distant yourself from me my heart starts cracking, I-I love you Ryan"

His eyes soften and I can tell that Ryan a few minutes ago was a shield But of what? What can he possibly be hiding?

"Just go to bed Sky, I'm too tired to argue with you"

I was exhausted but I wasn't going to let him go that easily. I walk to the guest room and start crying, it hurts so bad..

My heart was in Ryan's hands, and now he's crushing it

My heart was in Ryan's hands, and now he's crushing it. My whole body aches, I was alone. I didn't have anyone to talk to. Amelia has moved towns with her boyfriend, my only true friend left. My parents were somewhere else and I don't want to bug them with my problems, they had enough already. The door creaks open and in comes Cody. And there was my answer. He tries to jump on the bed, but fails. I pick him up and place him close to my chest. He curls up in a ball and licks my face before falling asleep. I on the other hand couldn't fall asleep, knowing our room was right beside me I wanted to walk over to Ryan and hug him, kiss him but I know that couldn't happen. I hugged Cody and kissed his head. I petted him for awhile, he was getting big already even though he's only 1 month old. My eyes felt heavy, realizing I was falling asleep I let my eyes close.

L❤️