Chapter 9

Hey! I know what I wrote last time was absolutely horrible, but it's gonna get better! And yes, I do know it's out of order but the last DG chapter was 6 pages, so, ya.

####################################################################

2 weeks later

Gray's P.O.V.

I can't do this anymore, I can't live without her. Every time I walk into the guild, I remember her, sitting at the bar the day I asked her out. She had just come back from a mission, a hard one at that, but somehow still looked good. I remember the missions we had, the Tower of Heaven, the S-class exams.

"Gray, you coming?", I snapped out of my daze to see Natsu, Erza, Happy and Lucy standing my the table I was sitting at, waiting for me to join them.

"I'll sit this one out.", I mumbled to them, giving my usual reply. Natsu shrugged and pulled the rest of his team out of the guild, leaving me there. I can't take it anymore, I can't survive without her, I need her like oxygen, more tan oxygen more than anything.

I walked out of the guild, towards the area where I wasted my magic. Some patches of earth were still iced over, surprisingly. I walked over to the edge of the crumbling cliff just as it started to rain. I watched as the earth darkened, from the warm ochre to deep crimson. As the water picked up the dirt, it slowly became blood, dripping over the edge, then flowing, then rushing as the rain came down harder and harder.

I edged closer and closer to the ten-story drop, certain death awaits those who dare to jump. My toes curled in apprehension as I pictured what the newspaper report might look like: Fairy Tail wizard dead in freak accident, Ice Mage’s body found, the list went on. I took a final breath, closed my eyes, and leaned forward.

The feeling of the wind in my hair was exhilarating, and a strange sense of adrenaline coursed through my veins as I fell to my death. I patiently waited for my organs to stop working, for death to take my hand. But that moment never came.

Instead of the bone-crushing thud, I landed softly in water, clear, blue water. This wasn’t here before. I swam to the surface, to find it wasn’t very deep, about a meter high. I was about to climb out when I realised where I actually was; In the middle of a spell I knew too well. A water lock. It slowly dispersed, and I landed on my knees. Who would save me, everyone knows how I feel about this, about her.

“Gray-sama?”, I looked up, and stared into a pair of eyes I thought I would never see again.

“Juvia?”

####################################################################

JUVIA’S ALIVE!! YAY!! But, how?? O.O

Happy: She’s a ghost!

Me: NO STUPID! SHE ISN’T!

Happy: But how is she alive?

Me: It’s called “Girl Power”.

Happy: Can you teach me?

Me: *facepalm* Get out of here! Yeah, so vote and comment...