~C h a p t e r 32~

Maddie's P.O.V.

I replayed Justin's voicemail over again. Tears sprung to my eyes at the thought of ignoring Justin. I hope he doesn't think I purposely ignored him! I immediately dialled his number, biting my nails because of nerves. I tried to hold back the sob threatening to come out when I was led to voicemail. Damnit! We pulled up to the driveway and I was the first to get out of the car. I ran up the stairs to my room and dialled him again. And again. 

"Why isn't he answering...?" I mumbled through my tears. I dialled again.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

Ri-

"Hello?" A groggily voice croaked on the other line.

I sniffed. "Justin?"

"Babe, are you crying?" He sounded wide awake now.

"Hmmm...guess I am..."

"I'm sorry sweetheart, don't cry," He soothed. "I was really tired from rehearsals and I fell asleep." 

"Oh." I suddenly felt like a clingy girlfriend. "I'm sorry. I can talk to you tomorrow if-"

"NO! I-I mean...I'm awake now.." I giggled softly. 

"Where were you that you couldn't answer your phone?"

"I'm so sorry about that, Cay and Troy took us all out to the arcade and I stupidly left my phone in the car."

"You're so cute." I blushed, even if he wasn't in front of me. "But you wanna hear my news?!" I laughed at his excitement.

"Yes! What is it?" 

"Well, Usher wants me to do a new single! I'm really psyched about it." 

"That's awesome Justin! Alex will be excited. She's still a fangirl, even though she knows you now." He laughed.

"She's adorable." He yawned. 

"Go to sleep babe. You sound terrible..."

Gee thanks Mads...love you too..." 

"You know I love you Justin Drew."

"I know. Seriously, I love you Pumpkin, don't cry about me anymore, okay?"

"No promises.." I muttered, and he chuckled. "Love you too Justin. Night!" 

"Goodnight, my beautiful girlfriend." 

"Stop.." I blushed, smiling.

"Bye cutie."

"Bye sexy." He laughed, and then his voice was gone. I sighed and set my phone on the nightstand. 

"Everything okay Maddie Mo?" Troy asked as he peaked his head around my door. 

"Now I'm good, thanks Troy," I replied, getting up from my position on my bed. In need of a shower, I grabbed a pair of grey sweats and a white t shirt and scooted around Troy to my bathroom.

"Come here Mads." I suddenly felt arms pulling me, and I was smashed against Troy.

"Troy...what are you doing?"

"Giving my best friend a hug."

"Aw, that's sweet." I replied, smiling. But after seconds ticked by, and he was still attached to me, I pushed him away softly. 

"That's enough Troy..." I muttered. I walked back to the bathroom and shut the door, leaving Troy in my room...which probably not really safe...turning on the water, I stepped in and my muscles instantly relaxed under the warm water. I already wanted to talk to Justin, though I just got off the phone with him. A pang of depression washed over me thinking about tomorrow: School. I groaned and finished up my shower.