~C h a p t e r 33~

Justin's P.O.V.

"I'm so killing you right now Chaz! Don't even deny it."

"Dammit Justin!" Chaz shouted, throwing his controller on the ground. Ryan doubled over in laughter as Chaz mumbled not so nice words under his breath. 

"Come on guys, let's go hit the basketball courts. You coming Justin?" Ryan suggested after controlling his laughter.

"Nah man, I wish I could. I have to hang out with Jess today."

"Ah, that's right. You told Maddie about that, right?" I froze, eyes wide. Shit, I forgot to mention that...I'm sure she won't even mind. She trusts me.

"I haven't mentioned it to her...no.." 

"Smooth move Bieber," Chaz laughed, socking me in the arm. Grumbling to myself, we all got up from the couch and walked to the front door. 

"Have fun guys, I'll see you later," I said as they walked out the door.

"Yeah, have fun on your date!" Ryan called over his shoulder.

"It's not a date!" I exclaimed, slamming the door.

This wasn't supposed to be a date...right?

***

Sitting in Starbucks, I waited patiently for a familiar brunette to walk in. I was pretty excited to see her. We clicked and became real close when we did Overboard together all those years ago. After a few more sips of my ice tea and a couple autographs, I noticed familiar brown hair bounce through the entrance. I smiled as she noticed me.

"Justin!" She bounced over to me and I quickly stood up, enveloping her in a hug.

"Jess, it's been like...forever and a year!" She giggled and we parted.

"Totally agreed." She slipped off her aviators and gave me a once over. I suddenly felt a bit self-conscious. She wasn't Maddie, so it was weird. Maddie..God I miss her..

"Look at you, Justin! Someone's gotten cute." I grinned.

"What, so I wasn't cute before?" She giggled.

"Of course you were Justin!" Laughing, we made our way to the order line.

"What are you getting? It'll be on me." Her eyes widened.

"No! I can pay for myself Bieber, don't worry about it."

"Nah, I got it." She meakly shrugged, blushing.

"Fine, I'll have everything on the menu then!"

"Not that extreme Jess." She giggled and looked back at the menu.

"I think I'll have a chocolate frozen mocha with two squirts of caramel. Is that too expensive?"

"It's perfectly fine." She smiled and showed off her white teeth. Once I ordered and grabbed the drink for Jess, we made our way back to the secluded booth, so not as many fans would see us.

"So," I started, sipping my drink. " How's life been for you?" She sipped her drink as well before speaking.

"Oh, it's been pretty great. I'm starting an E.P. that I'm super excited about."

"Oh really?" That's great!" She smiled and nodded. "Is our song gonna be on it?" Our song...it felt weird saying it.

"I think so! But, it is your song. I'm only featuring in it..so I'm not sure how that will work.."

"I'll figure it out, don't worry about it." Her eyes lit up and she grinned.

"Thanks Bieber!" I chuckled at her old nickname for me. "So how's life for you then?"