Chapter 31

Brandon's POV (Starting before school from chapter 29)
_______________________________________

I can't do it.

I can't go to school.

I can't face Alex.

I can't tell my secret.

What if she hates me if I tell her?

How would I say it?

I can't tell her that I have been faking this whole time.

She wouldn't trust me.

I would miss her.

The only reason I blurted out that I was gay because it was the first thing I thought of.

I wanted to hang out with her more.

When I tried to tell her I wasn't right after she interrupted me saying it was okay.

I am a terrible person.

I have been distant from the group of friends because they know that I said I was gay.

What would they think?

I start crying all of these questions and thoughts running through my head.

I can't take it anymore.

No ones home, I know no one is. When I brought Alex here the day I told her I was gay, only my mom was here. My dad died in a car accident when I was only eight.

If he saw another guy here that day and thought it was my dad, then she was wrong.

It was my uncle. He moved in after my dad died to help my mom and I out.

He has been a big help. I still remember the day.

My mom and I were in the car with my dad. A drunk driver came and hit the drivers side.

My dad died on the spot.

My mom was injured but still managed to get me out of the car safely.

~Flashback~

I can't wait to play with my new toys at home! I just got a dinosaur that dad gave me! It's so cool! I hear screeching and look over. Someone is coming fast. I scream and my dad tries to swerve. The car hits and there is blood everywhere on the steering wheel. I see my dads head on the drivers wheel and the air bags came out. My door is being opened and my mom comes in view.

"Come on Brandon, it's alright. Hurry!" She yells crying trying to calm me.

Everything all the sudden hits me. My dad died. I crawl out of the car leaving my dino in the back seat. It fell underneath the passangers seat. I try not to cry. I need to stay strong for my mom and dad.

"Someone help please!" My mom yells crying.

I look around and see people getting out of their cars and some people on their phones. I hear ambulance and sirens all around me. Cop cars are blocking the roads and a few ambulance rush over to me and my mom.

"Are you two okay?" She asks. I look over and see my mom on her knees.

"I-I am okay b-but my mom is hurt, a-and so is m-my dad. I-I think h-he is dead." I stutter out trying not to cry.