Princess of the Outcast

"Crystalline you need to be faster." My father growls and I could feel his frustration radiating off of the man as he clocks in my time. For the past three hours I had been running, my time getting slower.

"Daddy I'm trying but it's been three hours with no breaks. You have to understand I need to rest for a moment." I try to reason with the mountain of a man but all he did was growl at me. I was his only child and since there were no sons for him to claim his throne I was forced to train daily.

"Don't back talk me it is unbefiting of a Princess." His hand slaps across my face and I am sent flying to the ground. This was normal. At twelve years old I had learned that my father, King of werewolves, detested me. I was the reason his mate, my mother, was dead. Well that's what he tells me. But the truth was he was the reason. If he had paid attention to her and not that whore he would have stoped that rogue in time before my mother's throat was ripped out.

With a sigh I stand and wait for him to back away to calm down. It was always like this and the next thing would be his silence before we were done training.

"You are a princess yes, but you're princess of the outcasts in this pack. I can't believe you're my daughter, a weakling." This was new. His words stung a bit but I held my tongue. He was my Alpha first and father second.

"You're useless." With that he storms out and I am left to myself as I take a moment to breathe before turning on my heels and heading towards the forest.

The moon was already out in the sky and I wished I was up there with my mother, dancing with the Goddess's court. I wish I could be whisked away from here.

Happily I sink down onto the soft forest floor and lay on my back, my sore body relaxing into the cold earth. I had a few hours before a guard came out looking for me. No one liked me in the pack but I was their future Queen and the only one that would continue the royal blood line.

They needed me more then they thought they did.

"Hey Crysta." A smile creeps along my lips as I turn my head to look at a guard in training and my friend.

"Hey Trix what you up to?" I ask as the fifteen year old takes a seat beside me.

"Nothing. I saw you come over here and thought you'd like some company." I loved my bestfriend, he always knew what I needed. From there we just sat in the quiet forest, me watching the stars twinkle in the sky as he wittled away at a piece of wood.

That's when I saw it. A shooting star. It's bright light twinkled and the tail sparkled like fairy dust. I knew my wish imidiately.

I wish my life would change.

Then the unbearable pain shot through my body, every muscle tensing as tears flowed down my cheeks.

"Crysta!?" Trix's hands cradle my face and I let a whimper out. I felt like I was dying. His worry soon softened with a little relief as he smile happily at me.

"Crysta you're shifting. Just let it happen and picture yourself as a wolf." He says slowly and I answer with a slight whimper.

It was hard to imagine myself as a wolf. No one knew what my wolf would look like since it was my first shift and with so many wolves to choose from even I had a hard time knowing what I would look like.

But I could picture my body forming into the wolf shape, my paws kicking up the earth and the howl that I would produce. The pain slowly ebbed away as I felt bones shift and rearange, my face elongating to a snout and my hair replaced by fur.

I don't know how long the shift has lasted but I knew something was different as I could smell the air more clearly, the sounds were heightened.

"Wow Crysta." Trix's voice was in awe and I couldn't help but turn my head, tilting it questioningly.

"Crysta you're a white wolf. A White Runt!" He exclaims. Fuck. I couldn't believe it. I was a runt. My dad will kill me if he finds out.