Doubt and Reassurance

I sat out by the lake after receiving the news, my mind a complete mess as I try to think about what to do. My brother was planning his army of soulless and I had to call on all the wolves for help. This was a war that if I lost, no one would live happily.

"Crys?" My head tilts towards the sound of Narin's voice and a give a small smile as he sits beside me.

"I called Matrix to bring his pack here. Still can't believe you made your own pack and gave it up for this place." he laughs, bumping his shoulder into mine. I couldn't help the chuckle that escapes my lips as I throw a pebble into the water.

"My goal was to always take back this pack. I was actually grooming Trix to be an Alpha. He had the blood in him but because of an oath his family made to Alexander's he could never be one. With Alexander dead Matrix can finally do what his wolf was meant to; be a leader." I was proud of the fact that Matrix could be himself finally. Proud that my friend would be a leader and an alli. He would do good for that pack. Matrix and Marcie were meant to rule. Heck that Latina scared me half the time when we lived in Toronto with how powerful she was. They would be fine.

"Are you ready for the war?" Narin asks, wrapping his arms around me and giving me a hug. It was a question I've been asking myself for an hour now. Was I ready? Who would die? What should I do? All these swirled in my head.

"I dont know. I keep thinking that this war will be more harm than good. But it's something that needs to be done to get rid of my brother." I hated thinking about the lives I had to protect. I know the wolves under my rule wouldn't blame me but I would blame myself.

"If it makes you feel better Geminie and Amberly will be here tomorrow to help plan." Albot's voice reaches us and I feel myself being pulled towards it as he takes a seat on my other side. Narin let's me go as I lean against my friend and feel the tension in my body slowly fade.

"You are a great leader Crysta, you'll win this war and rule for years." Albot's voice is low and soothing as he slowly plays with my hair, envy radiating off of Narin as he turns away to look at the forest. I felt bad for him. He spent his life pretending to be something he wasn't. Pretending to be my mate. But now I knew he needed to find his true mate.

"Narin. When this is all over leave the pack for a bit. You've been stuck here all these years so go. Get you mate and travel. I only ask that you check in once a month. Go start packing so that you can leave as soon as possible." I could see the shock and appreciation in his eyes as his head snaps to mine. He doesn't even say anything as he smiles, nods and runs towards the palace. Suddenly the calm of the forest brings in the realization that this is what I needed to fight for. The calm and peace. The feel of strong arms around me and the future of little laughs and childish squeals.

I had to fight for the future I wanted.

That's when I felt it. Slow tingles that started at my back that rests against Albot's chest. The feel of a steady heart beat synchronizing with mine. And a scent that I knew that would send me to my knees. A deep breath and a low possessive growl fills my ears as I feel myself being pressed tighter against Albot, a blush creeping up of face.

It felt different then the day I turned 18. It was powerful, electrifying and reassuring. It was fires and burning passion but also a calm soothing wave or reassurance.

It was my mate and true mate.

It was Albot, the one I had been praying for.