The Start

"She needs to be trained. The war with the Rogue King is growing every day." Voices came into my ears as my heightened senses sharpen the world around me. The darkness is slowly replace by the light as my eyes open.

"Gem if she is who you say she is then that means there is more to this war. Considering she is your some where down the line great aunt is seriouse. She was considered dead after years of being missing." A different female voice rings into my ears and I turned towards the source where the voices were.

In a loung area sat Geminie, her mate Ariven, Trix, another male wolf and a girl with flame like hair. They were huddled close together, faces grim as if their conversation left the choice of life and death as the only options.

"But why is she here now? The Queen said Crystaline was her daughter. She was even pregnant for nine months." Trix let out an exhasberated sigh and I couldn't help but sit up and slowly rise to my feet. I could see the confusion on their faces before I took a deeo breath.

"She lied. It turned out the women I though was my mother was barren. She couldn't have a pup. Thats when she found me in a meadow of moon flowers and for those months you said she was pregnant she actually stayed in her chambers with her maids until she could come get me." My left hand reached up to play with my silver chain as my eyes turned to look at the future Moon Goddess. She was my twin's decendant and I could see the family resemblance.

"I met the first wolf. This war that everyone as been preparing for is bigger then we thought. The Rogue King is actually my brother, the man that tried to have me killed. Your seven times great grand uncle." A gasp of shock left the room silent after my announcement. I started to explain the story of how he had me kidnapped. How the Goddess of Destiny stepped in. How the current royal line came into power. For the moments my hands continued to play with the moon stone pendant, the smell of silver rushishing into my nose.

"So whats the story of you being immune to silver?" Amberle, who I learned was the girl with fire like hair, asks. I just shrugged and sighed. The truth is no one knew why I was immune. But in the end silver became my everything in jewelry it protected me. Gave me freedom and if I was ever chained I could escape.

"Ever since I could remember, Crystalline and I were always immune to it. She gave me a silver dagger as a way to protect myself when I became her guard." Trix smiles at me but his smile brought a pain to my heart. I had been rejected at the ball.

Tears suddenly flow from my eyes as I clutch my chest, my heart cracking again and again. He never even knew me and still he rejected me.

"Dom?"

"Got it Am."

With closed eyes I feel arms wrap around me, my face buried into the comfort that surrounds me.

"Everything will get better. If you dont believe me, both Amberle and I were rejected." I nodd as I clung to Geminie, letting my emotions flow. Hurt, anger, hatred and sadness. How could someone reject their mate? Their true love?

"What do I do now?" I hiccuped out as I tried to take deep breaths. My life had been turned upside down in a matter of hours and now it was nothing but a mess.

"You train. You become stronger and you make a life. When the time is right we take back your throne!" I open my tear filled eyes to stare at Amberle, a flame of determination filling her own as she grinned at me.

Today I will cry and tomorrow will be the start of my new life. One where I get revenge on my so called brother and remove his line from the face of this world.