Shot x And x Chased (Rewritten)

The rain came down like rocks repeatedly banging against the skin as I limped towards the stomp, stopping to rest as my bloody handprint soaked into the wood. Realizing my mistake, I quickly began running again trying my best to find a safe haven for the night.

I dashed off the path and into the woods keeping my steps as like as I could to keep from being followed, but I stopped shortly to look around. Had the rain picked up I could easily find somewhere to hind, but I would also have been found. So I turned my best to navigate as best as I could as my heart thumped rapidly. I tried my best to calm myself, but it's helpless. My heart was in my ears now.

I couldn't focus, not hardly hear. The pouring of the rain made it hard to sense if they were near.  As if that wasn't bad, blood still gushed from my leg making me slower and slower. As I started back running, I could hear footsteps from my right getting too close for comfort as I immediately take off running, but as soon as I did a sharp pain runs shakes my leg causing me to tilt over and fall over rolling the steep hill. I couldn't even manage a scream as my tongue caught in my throat.

I finally slowed down once I hit a thick tree log on my way down causing blood to spew from my mouth. Slowly, I was able to manage to get back on my feet as I tumbled for a moment. I gasp holding my throat as tears begin to well up in my eyes. My vision became blurry the father deep I ran into the wood, but I had to keep pushing or soon I would be killed. So, despite how dreadful I was feeling I kept running till soon blood erupted from my throat. I covered my hand over my mouth as groaning seeing the large amount.

"Damn".

I looked down at my leg and felt the wound the arrow had left when piercing my skin. Blood slowly gushed from it with no signs of stopping. I probably shouldn't have pulled it out earlier. It was a sharp stabbing pain, but nothing I couldn't handle, but knowing that I was being hunted like an animal was. The fear that it created inside me ran me mad.

As horrible as I felt, I couldn't help but thinking how right Niko might have been and at the same time wrong. I was selfish, but I gotta wasn't like dad. I was doing this for our family, but I also knew that I was doing this because I needed it. I wanted to feel something. Feel alive again. I wanted to do it myself this time, with no one else's help. And when I was done, I wanted to go home and prove that I wasn't him, that I could never be my father because I came home and he never did.

But It felt hopeless to achieve that. Especially keeping my promise to Niko. It was like I've already failed. Have I failed you? "Niko...have I?"

"Where is he!" A thick southern male roared. I quickly placed my hand over my mouth as I ducked down hiding from view as footprints settled in the leaves near. The moon being the only light made it difficult to see, so I slowed my hearty breathing as I listened around for the ascending footsteps.

"Maybe he went that way?", another voice replies.

"But his blood trails stops here", the southern said.

"Maybe he—", before the other guy could reply a loud thump followed by rustling, even I could hear could be heard. I lowered myself more as the leaves under my feet crumbled. They leave quickly following the noise.

I gasp for air realizing I had accidentally held my breath as I started to breathing heavily. How long could I survive like this? Barely even making it? Running and running and not being able to fight. What was wrong with me? I used to be capable of things like this, but then again that was when I was on the island I'm out in the world now.

"Toko! Toko?!"

As the air thickened I felt the hairs on the back of my neck rise hearing that familiar voice. I felt my heart tighten as I started looking around frantically trying to find her, but all I see was fog inches in front of me thick as clouds and smoking.