Chapter Two

Saige's pov

Did I seriously look all that different? I know was 20 now. I left at 14, 6 years ago... I looked up at liangelo. His face had matured. I stood there uncomfortably in my uniform. I saw tears well in LiAngelo's eyes. "Wait don't cry, " I said hugging him. "I don't wanna seem soft or whatever but... I really missed you. I beat myself up all these years because it was my fault you left".

I looked down. He was correct. I wanted to show Liangelo that I could survive without him. And that I did extremely well. "What did you do to get yourself in jail?" I asked clearly concerned. He scratched his neck, shamefully. But who wouldn't be ashamed.

"They claimed I  shoplifted from the Louis Vuitton store by the Ferragamo store. Um it was me and my two other friends. But ididnt have the glasses. Jaylen did. But when he saw the police he slipped it into my pocket and I got in more trouble" gelo said.

"Oh liangelo, I really missed you."

"What bout your basketball career?" I asked. He shrugged. "Down the drain" he said. Hmm not quite. "We are going back to California and I'm making things right for you" I said pulling his hand.

(In Cali)

I was back in my hometown. So many things I wanted to do but so little time to do then. First I wanted to attend lonzo's game with gelo. "Hurry up" gelo said in the hotel as I got out with my hair wet  and a towel wrapped around my body. "Hold your horses" I said rudely.

I came out his back facing me as he folded something back and unfolded it again in boredom. "Well maybe if-" then he turned around. Butterflies erupted in my stomach as his eyes scanned by covered body. I cleared my throat "it's all yours". He nodded not tearing his eyes from mine, which was rather creepy and intimidating.

I made sure liangelo was gone before I got dressed. I decided to wear just a cute simple outfit.

It was hot today so I wasn't trying to over heat myself. When gelo got out the bathroom he was fully dressed. "Ight let's go" I said walking in front. I felt his eyes on my behind but I didn't say anything. Ill let him stare but no touching.

We arrived at the Staples center. Gelo had his hoodie on his head. I did a brave move and held his hand squeezing it reassuringly. He gave me a smile small as he walked inside the gym. I spotted my coach from highschool. So I tapped him. He smiled "omg!"
he said hugging me.

"How was the army" he said. "Good, I brought back a friend" I said. he looked up to see gelo. "My my, Liangelo Ball. Never thought I would see you again".

"Well now you see me" he said clearly not liking his judgemental tone. "Can I borrow the megaphone" his nodded.

But first he told his players to sit. They were confused at first. I spotted lonzo. I thanked her and took the megaphone and went on the middle of the court.

There was whispering. Like who is she? Or she look familiar? "Hi guys, I know y'all think I look familiar. It's because I am a familiar face. If y'all don't know I use to go here but I left because I wanted to do something bigger. I left to serve the army. That was six years ago. This is now. I'm currently 20 years of age. I came back because I missed the place that made me me. I missed mainly one person. Well a couple but this on is important".

I stopped to look at them they were still confused. "Liangelo Ball. I found out that he was arrested in China a few years back. So I went there myself to go get him. I bailed him out in return that he never come back there. So I know you guys think he is a thief but he isn't. If anything The only thing he stole was my heart. I loved liangelo like really much. But I couldn't have him. I was still  a minor. But I want you guys to not judge him. Please if you were a fan before, there shouldn't be a reason why you can't be a fan now".