chapter nine

Saige's pov

"Singing?" He asked. I nodded. "Ive been singing for a while since you know before I met you. I kind of stopped because it made me spill my feelings out to music and I really don't like expressing my feelings"

He nodded "I never heard you sing before. Can I?"

I blushed "dad...." I groaned. He chuckled " come on give me a little tune. It don't even have to be yours" he said matter off factly. I rolled my eyes playfully as I cleared my throat.

"How could you play me? How could you play me baby? You did me shady, you did me shadyYyyyy, all of the options I had I just wanted love,"  I ended it there.

He curled his lower lip down shaking his head in approval. "Those high notes were really good. " He said. I laughed "thanks. "

"How are you and that gelo guy?"

"Well remember when he asked me to marry him. I didn't really give him an official answer yet" I said. He rose and eyebrow. "You didn't?" He asked. I shook my head. "Well how do you feel about marriage" .well I'm old enough now. I'm on my last semester of college and I'm bound to finish soon so marriage interrupting my school or education really isn't the problem"

"So what is the problem? Dont you love him?"

"Chris if you don't stop interrogating the damn girl! " A familiar voice said. I turned around and it was mama Joyce. "Ma!!!" I yelled hugging her. I haven't seen her in a couple of years. "Baby my my look how you've grown"

"Might wanna unlock all the guns Chris cuz them fresh boys gonna be after her" she joked. My dad laughed. "Well I came over to bring y'all a batch of my honey blondies" she said. I smiled I loved the savoury flavor of mama Joyce's blondies.

"Thank you ma" I said. "Well who is this boy I wanna meet him" she said. I smiled "of course hold on".

I texted gelo.

Princess 😌💓- gelo my grandma wanna meet you 😭

Mine 😍✨- I'm glad cuz I'm so bored right now you don't even know 😂😂

Princess 😌💓- I'm @ my dad's house so come over.

Mine 😍✨- alright babygirl I'll be there in five. Love you.

Did I really love gelo to text it back.

Princess 😌💓- ok

I felt bad so me not being the type to double text I did it anyways.

Princess 😌💓- I love you too.

"Hmm so you love him?" She asked. I nodded laughing.

Then the bell rang. "Alright everyone be nice!" I yelled. "Don't tell me to be nice. I made blondies" mama Joyce said making me laugh. I opened the door. To meet with gelo. God he cut his hair 😍.
He looked so good . "So you gonna let me in or....?" He said . "Huh?"  I asked. "You look sexy" I blurted out then I covered my mouth. "Shaking my head inappropriate language." He said laughing. Then he whispered in my ear "you look good too I could probably just bend you over th-

"So you must be Gelo" mama Joyce said cutting him off. "Yes nice to meet you ma'am" he said. "Oh save the formalities, Please call me Joyce" she said. Then she looked him up and down. "Wish back in my days that had such fine looking guys" she said. My dad nudged her. "Nice to see you again sir" liangelo said.

"The feeling is mutual son" My dad said. "Please take a seat" mama Joyce said. He sat next to me. I could tell he was nervous so I intertwined my hands with his. "So what's your intentions with my daughter". I looked at liangelo as he answered. He looked so different with his haircut. He look mature. I liked it. And his jawline 😍. And his lips, don't let me get started.

"Saige?! " Someone yelled my name. I turned around. "Hmm?" I asked. "You've been staring at the young man as if you are going to eat the poor thing" mama Joyce said.  Liangelo smirked. "Like we were asking, do you love this boy?" My dad asked.

"Well I'm not going to lie. LiAngelo caused me so much pain the past nothing will ever make that pain away not even him himself. He made me feel insecure and unwanted. I would go to suicide but he would save me. Didn't make sense to cause my pain and then fix it. The main reason I went into the army was because I thought I would get killed trying to save my country. But instead I had to come home alive. Dad you probably don't like LiAngelo but I do love him and nothing about this situation or the past is going to change that" then I looked down. I hated expressing my feelings but that's how I felt. "Baby I didnt-

"Its ok liAngelo" I said sitting on the edge of the couch looking ahead as a single tear fell out my eye. "Can I speak to her in private?" Liangelo asked. The nodded to upstairs. "Alright" he put me over his shoulder. "Put me down!" I yelled.
"What a nice boy" I heard mama Joyce tell my dad.

Liangelo set me down on the bed looking the door. "Saige I'm sorry I really am I didn't think I hurt you that much. I was pushing you away because you didn't deserve to have a guy like me. I don't deserve you. You deserve to be treated right. And if you want to walk out right now go ahead" he said.

I wiped my eyes getting up. "Wait.  Don't leave" he pleaded. "Please I waited for you, I wanted long and I never got you now I do. Give me a chance" he said. Then I hugged him. He hugged me back. "I'm so sorry babygirl" he said.

Then he kissed me and I kissed back. "Gelo I know you asked me to marry you but what are we right now?" I asked

"So be my girlfriend" he said kissing my neck and then looking into my eyes. "Really?" I asked.

He smiled " really". "then yes" I smiled.

Happiness comes and goes a long way...