Chapter Twelve

Saige's pov
"So I'm out here with my best friend" Jahseh yelled loudly into his phone.  I shook my head rolling my eyes playfully. "Can't take you anywhere can you keep quiet people looking". I said putting my cap lower.

He smacked his lips. "See she stole my cap off my head. And now she think she cute. She think she too good for a nigga now " he said fake sniffling. I ruffled his hair "you'll love" I laughed.

Then he started reading the comments. "Y'all should make a song together " he read.

"Yo beautiful you can sing?" He asked me. "Kinda" I mumbled as I looked through clothing racks. "Sing me a tune" he said leaning on the counter.

"Laterrrr" I bargained. He nodded and groaned.

" ouuu I like this imma try this on" I said holding up a bathing suit. "Ion like it. Shows to much skin" he said. Jahseh and I been hangin for a month now and he has been very protective over me more than my dad.

"Lemme just try it" I whined. "Fine but you not purchasing it" he said sternly. Little did he know I was.

I tried on the bathing suit

"How I look" I asked him. He looked up. "Fuck" he whispered. "Go back in there" he said. I looked confused as he pushed me in. "You don't like it" I poured. "I wanna fuck you and that's not a good thing so we leaving" he said.
I smirked. "What happen say it again" I said looking up at him. "I said I wanna fuck yo-

"So do it. Right here. Right now " I said. I mean who was I to hide the fact that when I was around Jah there was always some sexual tension. "Chillllllll" he said as I pushed him aside. "Might wanna leave so I can change and buy this" I said. He rolled his eyes as he left. "Teaser," he mumbled. I laughed as I put my clothes back on and made my way to purchase for my stuff jahseh followed. When I was done he said "wait for me outside I gotta get something" he said. I just nodded and waited for him patiently outside.

"Damn baby" a light skin boys said with his friends. I just focused on my phone. "Cant hear baby" he said. But I played deaf. He then tapped me. I looked up squinting then I tapped my ear and looked confused. "Ohhhhhhh" he mouthed. His friends slapped him upside his head. Jahseh came out inspecting the situation "you ready?" He asked. . "Yeah let's go Jah" I said.

"Ohhhhhhh you got played son" his friends said behind us. I laughed. "What happened"

"Some nigga was tryna talk to me so I played deaf". He laughed. I looked at the bag he had in his hands. "What's that" I said tryna get the bag. But he moved his hand putting it around my shoulders instead. "It's surprise" he said. I pouted.

"Let's get a pretzel" I said pulling him into auntie Annie's. "Auntie Annie's how my I help you?" The woman said looking down.

Once she looked up I dropped X's hand. "Ma?" I whispered. "Saige?" She whispered.

She looked at x. "You dropped, gelo I see" she said smiling. I wanted to cry. How could she have the audacity to smile as if we were fine. As if we had a relationship. X slowly intertwined our hands. I guess he sensed the tention.

"Why," I said. She looked confused. "Why did it have to come to the fact that I had to find my father myself " I asked her.

"Dont act like I didn't love you".

"Did you? Did you really" I yelled. She glared at me. "Don't do this.  She said.

"How could you lie to me ".

She grabbed my hair. "Listen I will beat you like i-

"Listen bitch. Let her the fuck go" x said crossing his arms. "I ain't beat no body mama before but it sure looks like a good time to start" he said.

She let go off me as her boss came oht due to noise complaints. "I hope you rot. You filthy bitch" I spat. I exited the store angrily as I sat down on the stairs of the mall. X sat down after me. I wiped my tears. "Here" he said passing me a box.

I looked at him. He nodded. I opened the box slowly and there was a gold locket in there. "Ohhhhhhh it's beautiful.  I can't take it" I said giving it back to him. "Hoe. Open it" he laughed.  I took time to look at him. The way his dimple shows when he laughs and then disappears when he doesn't. His light colored eyes and pink lips.

I looked away blushing at how long I've been staring and then I opened the locket. There was a picture of x in there cheering. I laughed. Then I closed looking at the engraving "you'll carry my heart with you..."  I looked confused. I looked at his neck to see a matching chain around his. It said "and I'll carry yours".

I touched his chain opening it and there was a picture of me kissing his cheek.

"This is so beautiful.. I don't know what to say" I said hugging him. "Just say you like it".

"I love it" I said. I touched his cheek. His eyes flickered to my lips then back to my eyes. "Have I ever told you that your beautiful" he said. "Alot" I laughed. He leaned in and so did I until I heard someone clearing their throat. X looked up to see ski and Chris and sage.

"Ughhhh" I groaned. "Ya mom wants to speak to y-" I cut Chris off. "No. I will not I refuse. She broke not only my heart but yours to dad. Do you understand she broke us both and we had to feed off of eachothers love to become whole again. She made me not want to live again"

"I  don't want you to see x anymore" he mumbled. "What" both x and I said.

"No. " I said holding back tears. He looked at me as if it pained him to make me do so.

"Come on," he said pulling me from x but I didn't wanna leave. "No" I said pushing him off. ",I will not-

"I love you Saige." X said looking at me. "But he is your dad and you should listen to him. I'm probably not the best guy for you. I ain't in a professional working habitat. Im always getting into deep-

"Shutup. I will not stop seeing you".

"Why?" Everyone said.

"Because.... When I was crying for help he was there for me without physically being there. I-I love x"

Their eyes widened because everyone knew x wasn't someone easy to love.