10.

"Luna?" Mr. Venne asks.

"Hi," I respond with a fake smile.

"How's it going?" He smiles back.

"Good, you?" I don't care how he's doing one single bit, but I'm trying to be polite.

"I'm doing good as well. So do you live around here?"

"Babe! There you are." Helio appears behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and I mentally breath a sigh of relief

"Sorry, I ran into someone." I pretend to apologize even though I know Helio did this on purpose.

"Hello, Dimitri Venne. I'm a teacher at Luna's school." Mr. Venne holds out his hand and Helio lets go.

"I'm Luna's boyfriend, Helio Eastman." They shake hands quickly as awkwardness fills the air around us.

"Uhm, I'll see you tomorrow. It was nice meeting you, Helio." I watch my teacher walk away from us then I laugh.

"Thanks for that. That's the teacher who has seen my nudes." I tell Helio as I finish laughing.

"He didn't seem awkward until I showed up. That's kind of weird even if you two have seen each other since he saw the picture. I'd feel very awkward." Helio states.

"Maybe he's trying his hardest." I don't mean to, but I'm literally defending Mr. Venne.

"Mhm, whatever. Let's pay then go home and eat."

☼☾☼

"Luna, wakey wakey." I hear a voice tell me.

"Mhm, five more minutes," I mumble, turning to the side.

"Babe, you have school in fifteen minutes." Helio states rather loudly.

"Babe, five more minutes." I reply back as I feel a terrible headache form.

"You took a shower last night so I guess that doesn't matter, but how are you supposed to look like a model if you only have ten minutes?"

"I don't care. Sleep is more important than being cute or trendy or whatever else." I slowly sit up and glare at him, my head throbbing even worse than before.

"It takes us ten minutes to get to school which means you have two minutes to get ready. I'll be waiting downstairs." He leaves and I groan.

I get up and walk to my suitcase which I haven't unpacked. I don't think I'll be here long after the talk I had with Kira yesterday. She called me a little bit after we got home and it was a messy conversation.

Kira doesn't believe that her boyfriend would do anything to me so she doesn't want me near them. I'm supposedly an attention whore who just wants sympathy from everyone around her. I'm not even sure that's an appropriate way to talk to someone who you wanted as a daughter. I didn't fight, I didn't stand up for myself, I just listened and I took what Kira said like a drug. Words have always been my favorite, not because of their complicity or even anything like that, but how people use them.

Words are a way for people to show how they truly feel about you. I've had many words directed at me, from simple ones to complicated ones that I had to look up. I've learned some of my favorite insults from people who are supposed to care for me. Some people think that words don't matter, but words do matter. They matter most and they're very important so you should watch what you say, you might hurt someone.

You probably wouldn't be worried about what you say because it's not directed at you. It's directed at someone you don't particularly like, but is it actually? If you think about all the unkind words you've said, how many have you used on yourself? Probably a lot of similarities between the two because you're jealous. You're jealous and you don't want to boost their ego so you blow it instead, you make them feel shitty just so you can feel good.

It doesn't last, but it works for a little while. It works just enough for you to find another ego to destroy. It turns into a cycle and pretty soon, you realize that you've become addicted to it. It's your new favorite drug and you can't get enough, no matter how hard you try. That's why words are very important and that's why you should think before you use them.

"You were quiet the whole ride here. Is everything okay?" Helio looks at me.

"No, but I'll be fine. Don't worry, I'll call if I need anything." I reassure him.

"I know." He grins and I can't help when I grin back.

"Bye, I'll see you later!" I exclaim as I leave the car.

I walk to my locker to get everything I need. Surprisingly, I'm not bothered by anyone today which makes me feel calm. I walk to calculus, dreading it the entire walk there. I walk in and I'm literally the only person there, not even Mr. Venne is here.

"Luna, hi," Mr. Venne appears from his small office with a smile on his face.

"Hi," I don't even smile because of how exhausted I feel.

"Can I talk to you after photography?" He looks at me, biting his lip.

"Sure." I answer as people start walking in.

Class goes by quickly and I actually hate it. I don't want to talk to Mr. Venne at all. I just want to go to the rest of my classes then go back to my temporary home. I hate being so nice to people. Photography class goes by quickly as well and I slowly make my way to his desk.

"Hi, what did you want?" I ask, politely.

"To talk. I wanted to ask some questions." He looks up with a smirk which I ignore.

"Sure, go ahead." I pull up a chair and set my bag down before sitting.

"So, Helio is your boyfriend? I know it's not any of my business, but he seems rather old for you." He cocks his head, waiting for an answer.

"He's only four years older, Mr. Venne." I state harshly.

"So you like older men?" He grins mischievously as she stands up.

"No, not necessarily, just Helio."

"Oh, so you don't find me charming or even attractive? I know a lot of high school girls who want me." He makes his way over to the door, locking it. I gulp knowing this won't end well.

"You may be both those things, but I have Helio." I smile at him.

"But I'm so much better looking than him. Luna, you know that's the truth." He sits on his desk and he's really close.

"It isn't the truth at all. Helio is very attractive." I pause then add. ''Mr. Venne, we can't do this. This isn't right and you know that."

"Oh, darling . . but we can." He leans in and I find myself kissing him.

"Fuck, fuck." I push away even though my body tells me not to.

"You're a good kisser. I bet you're even better in bed." He's smirking, knowing his effect on me.

"You have a girlfriend." I don't know if it's true, but it's all I can think of.

"Stop making up excuses. You're mine now." He demands, kissing me roughly. I push away yet again, realizing how aggressive he is.

"No, we can't."

"Luna . . . stop this. I know what you want, it's written all over your face." He tells me in a low voice, tilting his head.

"It's not right." I press on in a shaky voice.

"Quit whining." He grabs onto my face and I'm forced to look into his dark green eyes.

"Please don't do this." I beg.

"I'll do whatever the fuck I want and that includes this." He slaps my ass causing me to jump.

"I have to go. We'll talk later.''