At first Sight

I don't own the Percy Jackson series
Hope you enjoy it

////////////////////////////////////////////

"No one shall know of our young prince. Our enemies might see this as an opportunity to overthrow us. Perseus will be under our protection, always in the company of one of the Olympians."

Lord Chaos had left in the middle of the party. Sky was gone a few minutes, stating that she'll be back for the crowning of the child. "His crown shall be tied to the land, sea, and sky. His crown shall be the symbol of his power." With that, she left.

All the gods looked down at the baby that slept in the crib. Barely a day old and already the gods were at the child's beckoned call.

"Where will he sleep? Here or Atlantis" Poseidon asked. "Well, I mean he can stay here until I let Amphitrite know about our new company. She'll most likely hate the child. Triton won't talk to me for a while."

"You can leave Percy here; he can stay with me and the hunt. We will protect him." Everyone looked at Artemis, never in a million years did they think that Artemis would say that.

"Sure, you can take him." Poseidon thanked Artemis and vanished in a sea breeze.

Artemis picked up the child, the sleeping boy grabbed the locks of her hair, and she said goodnight to the Olympians.

She appeared in a forest, tents formed a circle and in the center where her hunt gathered. The girls were around the fire pit, talking about the past few days. Some monsters had come after them, but none have put a fight. No hunters lost.

She walked to the light, there the hunters stood and bowed to their goddess.

"M'Lady, you have come back at last." Said Zoe "What were you needed for, if we may know?"

Artemis walked closer, and the girls saw that in her arms was a baby, sleeping soundly in the goddess' arms. The baby was sleeping, and suddenly, he awoke, crying. Artemis quickly tried to calm the baby down, saying sweet things.

"There, there Percy. You are safe in my arms. I promised to your father that I would keep you safe. Shhh now. Do you want me to sing you a song? okay."

Come stop your crying
It will be alright
Just take my hand
And hold it tight
I will protect you
From all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry
For one so small,
You seem so strong.
My arms will hold you,
Keep you safe and warm
This bond between us
Can't be broken
I will be here
Don't you cry

(You'll be in my heart, by Phil Collins)

Percy fell back asleep, quietly sucking on his thumb.

The hunters were surprised on how Artemis was acting, there was a baby in her arms and nevertheless a boy. She acted like it was nothing.

"It's a boy, M'lady. Why do you carry a boy? What a disgusting thing." Zoe said the other hunters agreed.

Artemis face was enraged, "How dare you talk about him in that matter! He is barely a day old, he has not committed a crime against any of us, and yet you treat him worse than a dog! And even if he was three years old, he's the Prince of the Four Kingdoms!"

She woke up Percy. He started crying again, and the wolves around the tents came closer. They circled the goddess and began to howl. Percy started to calm and listen to the wolves. Artemis lowered him to the ground, and the Alpha came up and picked him up by the blankets he was wrapped in. The other wolves started to disappear but Alpha stayed and put Percy on top of him, and the baby fell asleep.

The hunters were so surprised, never had Alpha come into the campsite for anyone. Even Artemis had a hard time controlling him. The only thing they knew about him was that he was immortal and he protected the camp.

Artemis was amazed at the actions of her pack. Even now the other wolves were staring at Percy as if they were scared that he may start crying again.

"I'm sorry M'Lady for disrespecting the young Prince, we will treat him with respect and I hope you forgive us." Every hunter bowed their head. "We hope the young Prince will grow with honor and pride and fairness. We let our hate cloud our judgment."

Artemis smiled, "That's good because he's gonna be staying with us for a while. Posideon wants him to stay here for some time so he can get a room ready for him down in Atlantis and on Olympus. So, for the time being, he will stay here in our company. Please treat him kindly and don't make him cry. I can already feel Posideon boiling up."

Phoebe walked to were Alpha and bend down to look into the wolves eyes, "may I take him to bed, he might get chilly and catch a cold. Alpha nodded, and Phoebe carefully picked up Percy and cradled him, "What a beautiful baby you are. It has forever since I held a baby. And you are just adorable."

The baby just slept soundly. The other hunters gathered around and started to talk to the baby.

Artemis just stood back and stared at her girls. She knew that in the future they would get along just fine. He would grow up to be a man that knew how to treat women right