Red and Gold

Im so sorry it took so long to update this story.

Here's part 13, hope you enjoy it.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Artemis POV

Apollo stayed for a while, helping set up the tent for the young prince. "You know sis, if the whole goddess thing becomes too boring for you, you can always make tents to sell to the mortals for high bucks."

"Oh do shut up Apollo, just keep sewing."

"'I really thought you would just snap your fingers and "bam" there it is. A new tent. Never knew you had to sew them together." He looked so confused, "and another thing, why is the needle going in anyway. I thought nothing could pierce this skin. Isn't that one of the main reason you wanted this skin?"

"You talk too much you know. Shut up for once." Artemis signed, trying to ignore Apollo the best she could.

"Oh come on, I'm asking questions anyone would ask." He continued to sew the pieces together. "Tho I really want a answer to the skin thing."

Artemis rolled her eyes "after the skin is peeled it loses most of its power. Giving you a chance to sew it together, even for that you need needles that have been bathe in the river Styx for it to even pierce at this state. After you finish you bathe the whole thing in the river styx."

"Wow, all that for a tent. I mean I guess it's worth it. How you figure all this out sis?"

"Don't call me sis! And I don't know it just came to me."

"Well I'm done here so, what now, you gonna take it to the river Styx? Need help, I haven't been there in a while."

"No thank you. I'll have Zoe do it later." Artemis stood up and rang a bell that sat on her table. Two seconds later Zoe appeared at the doors of the tent.

"You rang M'Lady?" She stood tall, lean face.

"Can you please take this tent and bathe it please like all the others. After you finish all your chores of course."

"Yes M'Lady." She turned and left, giving Apollo the nasty eye.

"Well she warmed up to me." Apollo said with a smile. 'She's not using a knife anymore." Artemis just rolled her eyes.

"Go home Apollo, thank you for the help. Don't wake Percy up please." She said, walking out of her tent.

"Okay, okay. Whatever you say sis." He walked over to the crib and saw to small cuties asleep. "Good night you little prince. I'll see you soon, and you Blackjack are growing up too fast." He walked out passing Artemis, "night sis."

"Don't call me sis!"

Too late he was gone.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////
Artemis POV

Percy was laying on his back, playing with leaves the mama wolf had in her mouth. The hunters were doing their daily chores and the wolves were hunting. The three mama wolfs stayed behind to take care of the pups and Percy. Artemis was looking at a map, planning the next move when her senses went off and she shot three arrows to the north. Two monsters welp in pain and burst into dust.

"Hunters! We're under attack! Protect the prince!"

In less then 10 seconds, the camp was surrounded. So many monsters, so little hunters.

The mama wolves howled into the sky. They created a circle around the pups and Percy. They were willing to give their lives for them. Everyone was still, waiting for the first move.
Artemis let the arrows rain and so did the hunters. Monsters and hunters fell in battle. Artemis sent a message to Olympus, for help. The alpha returned with his pack, clawing and biting into the necks of those hideous creatures.

Artemis didn't see the end of this fight. Then out of nowhere, boiling hot water swept over the intruders. Lighting stuck down others. Greek fire took over others. Artemis looked at the gods, that was her mistake. The wailing sound of a baby brought back her attention to Percy. Seeing the claws entering his body, that image will never be erased from her mind. Poseidon appeared by his son's side in milliseconds, grabbing and throwing the harpy into the air. Alpha caught him and tore it's head off.

Poseidon screamed in rage and a massive earthquake followed, Percy wouldn't stop crying. Apollo was called and they both vanished. The rest of the gods and standing hunters stood strong and won. Never has Artemis seem so many wounded hunters, she hung her head in shame, and slowly tears ran down her face. A hand appeared on her shoulder, trying and failing to comfort her. Athena's hand moved to her back and slowly rubbed her in circler motions.

"It will be alright, come we'll go to Olympus and heal all your hunters. And Percy is alright, I promise you on the river Styx."

All Artemis could do was nod. She took Athena's hand and felt the warmth of Olympus engulf her. Everyone of their hunters appeared on one of Apollo's healing bed. Slowly each one calmed down and relaxed. All the wolves laid in one massive dog bed, were they too slowly were healing from their injuries. All the gods looked concerned for Percy, as teal headed for Apollo's chambers, a small cry could be heard and it was filled with so much pain, it broke Artemis' heart.

When they walked into that room, they cried. The harpy's claws was still inside Percy's stomach, letting his blood spill all over his father's arms. Red and gold covered Apollo's gloved hands. And little Blackjack was covering his face with his little wings.

"I'm sorry!" Artemis burst out crying, "I was so careful and put up an extra two barriers just for him and they still got in!" Poseidon stared at her surprised to see her cry so openly. Apollo slowly started crying too.

"I don't blame you at all. I know what you did. I know you care for my son as if he was your own. I don't blame you at all." He said in the softest voice. "I know you stopped some blades with your body. Your cuts are deep but you still kept fighting for my son. I don't know how to thank you. You protected my son. Thank you Artemis."

Artemis looked up in disbelieve, here was a father thanking her for protecting his son. "He still got hurt because of me. I got distracted and look what happened, he's in pain because of me. How could ever forgive myself!"

"Because he's alive and that's thanks to you and your hunters and wolves. Percy is strong and will have no trouble getting pass this."

Artemis looked at the baby boy, who had calmed down since Apollo got the claws out was washing the wounds out with nectar. Ever so slowly the wounds started to close and disappear. The young prince slowly fell asleep in his father's arms and it seemed like nothing happened.