The heir

Sorry it took a while to upload a new part but I hope you enjoy 😉😊
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Chapter 5

Poseidon arrived at Olympus with Percy, and immediately the goddesses fought for Percy in the throne room. Zeus just watched the actions of his subjects and smiled. The coronation of the young prince will be held tomorrow. Hephaestus had been working on the crown these last few days. It was tied to Percy and all of his elements. Diamonds for Olympus, aquamarine for Atlantis, onyx for the Underworld, and opals for the Void. The rest of the beautiful crown was filled with moonstones, citrine, and pearls. It was indeed a beautiful and powerful crown.

Aphrodite has Percy now, changing his clothing into a pair of onesies. It was all black and had a small trident on the front of it. He looked so cute, he was now 1 week old.

Everyone was going crazy for the coronation tomorrow. Some of the gods still didn't know what to get the young prince. They wanted to one-up one another. But that's kinda hard when they all can do something impossible.

"Lord Zeus is everything ready for the coronation tomorrow. I have a feeling like something is missing."

"No, everything is in order, Athena has sent the invites, Ares has informed the soldier for protection of the young prince. And everyone else is working hard. You're just nervous, relax. All is going to be right."

"Yes, you're right. All is going to be right." Poseidon said to himself.

"Your son is going to be a great prince. Everyone will love him. I do, and I just met him. He's my nephew, but I too will love him like a son."

"Thank you brother, thank you for loving my son like your own. I always wondered who you would choose for your heir. That is if Percy didn't pop up?"

"None of them are worthy of the crown. These morons are all self-centered and careless. Maybe Athena or Artemis could be something more. But in the end, they're all the same. I have grown tired of the same arguments they always have, and in all honesty, I was going to leave the crown to you, my brother, if I was ever to fade."

"Really, you wouldn't leave one of your children?"

"No, but now I don't have to worry about it. I have Percy, and I can rest knowing that this kingdom will have a great and joyful future. And with Percy here, when he's a little older, I can take some leave and sit back and relax." Zeus laughed and cracked a smile.

They both smiled at each other and looked at what was happening. Apollo was hugging the prince and Aphrodite and crying because Percy chose Apollo over her.

Hephaestus came into the throne room with a beautiful box engraved with gold and silver. He walked till he was in front of the brothers.

"Lord Zeus, it's finished. The crown is ready for its prince. Do you wish to see it?"

This caught the attention of everyone, The walked over with Aphrodite proudly holding Percy.

Hephaestus held the box in one hand and with the other slowly opened the box. Inside laid the most beautiful thing anyone has seen.

The crown was simply stunning, with the layout creating a pointed crown 👑 but looked so modern. All the gems shined complement each other. But the most beautiful and amazing thing about it was that it flowed up and lightly landed one Percy's head. Its shrunk down to fit his small little head.

Apollo quietly said, "that's -"

"-amazing!" Aphrodite gazed.

The crowd chuckled.

"The crown will grow with him and will be tied to his elements when he is crowned tomorrow. No one can take it off his head unless he wants you to."

"Thank you Hephaestus, it's quite beautiful." Zeus praised.

"No problem, the box was designed to clean and keep the crown looking new. It will only open for the Prince, you just have to drop some blood on the seal on the top of the box. It doesn't have to be much, just a drop will do."

"Sure, let's do it at the coronation." Poseidon took the crown off the baby boy and put it back into the box. "Let's put you to bed shall we." He stretched his arms out for his baby. Aphrodite smiled and handed him to "papa."

"He's so good with Percy, I've never seen him like this," Apollo said suddenly.

"Yes, he loves children. Percy is what he always wanted." Zeus said from his throne as he watched the sea god walk off with the heir. Quitely talking to him and tickling his belly making the baby laugh with glee.

Zeus stayed there and smiled at what his family was going through. For the first time, they all agreed on something. What a shame that it wasn't always that way.

"Dear, are you okay?"

Zeus snapped out of his thoughts to see his wife. "I'm fine dear, just thinking about what's to come