One thing at a time

There's the next one...

////////////////////////////////////////////

Chapter 9

Triton was training when Skye walked in. She was wearing her armor. It was like her everyday thing. She dragged her whip, and
a second later four dummies lost their heads.

"Can I train with you, brother?"

He felt like she wasn't asking, her tone said it all. He nodded his head and held his sword to her. Even if she didn't fight with a sword, she was a master at it.

Skye walked to the wall and grabbed a sword but soon but it back. She tried all of them. "Damn this!"

Out of sea foam, a sword formed with a wicked blade, reflecting the sea's calmness. Skye walked up to him and took her stance.  

"Classic or deadly, your pick." Triton didn't let his fear show, Skye would be the death of him.

"Classic."

As metal hit metal, there was an understanding, Skye was trying to apologize, but she couldn't form the words. This went on for some two hours.

"Okay that's it, you win. I give." Triton bends over with his hands on his knees. Trying and failing to catch his breath. Skye sat down and smiled, "It's a tie."

They smiled at each other. "I'm sorry, I know you didn't ask for this, and I know that you're having a hard time adjusting. For that I am sorry."

"I understand that things are going to change, and I'll be honest, I'll have a hard time adjusting." Triton thought of how the gods acted around Percy at the coronation. Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing, they get along.  "I know that I will grow to love him, as a brother I will protect him. But please give me time."

Skye stood up and walked to where the swords were. "You know, the blade of any sword loses its sharpness over time. That is until you decide to sharpen it. Or you can let it lose that sharpness and rust til it breaks."

The sword she was holding turned all brown and green. She dropped it, and it shattered into many pieces. Skye walked over to Triton. "Take all the time you need but don't let that sword rust."

She walked out but before that she kissed his cheek. "See you at breakfast."

Triton swam to his room. As he was putting his new shirt on the maid that was taking care of Percy knocked and came in.

"Don't you know how to wait when you knock."

"I'm sorry my Lord, please forgive me. But the Prince won't stop crying! Please, my Lord, help us." The maid was on her knees,

Triton rolled his eyes, "can't you get my Father or Skye?"

"We can't find them."

He exhaled and swam out his room, followed by the maid, keeping her head down. He turned the corner and could hear the child's screams. He swam faster.

Swimming fast down the hall, pass all the rooms and opening the doors. Two maids and the guards were trying to quite Percy down, and they were failing.

"Give him here, and get his bath ready."

The maids handed the Prince over, and Triton took him and threw him in the air.

Everyone gasped, and the guards took their stances. Triton caught him, and Percy stopped crying.  

"What's going on, why are you crying. Your Pegasus is right there. You ate didn't you?"