The mark of the gods

"Hades!"

A crashing sound followed as Hades poked out his head from the game from and grinned sheepishly. "Yes, my Queen?"

"Why was Percy at the waterfalls unsupervised?" Persephone looked pissed. With her hands on her hips, she gave Hades a death glare. "I suppose it has something to do with you wanting to play your games."

"He's a child of Poseidon, he can breathe underwater and frankly, he dives down to the bottom and stays there, so I got bored and came here..." As he continued with his sentence his voice became quieter and timid. He seemed to shrink under her glare and stopped talking altogether.

"He leaves tonight, for the hunters of Artemis if I'm correct?"

"Yes he does, but Persephone why are you so angry with me?"

"Do you really want to know my lord?"

He slowly nodded his head, now double thinking his choice.

"I was woken up by Blackjack banging against the bedroom door. I opened it to find him pulling me to the waterfall and find Percy crying and unable to get out. His powers are unstable so when I went to pick him out of the water, he shocked me and burned my hair just slightly. I calmed him down and took him to his room where he rose skeletons and they attacked me. Thankfully they knew I was their Queen and they backed off. And so I put Percy to bed and Blackjack curled on the foot of the bed. I asked the nannies why they had left Percy alone in the waterfall, only to find out that you ordered them personal time with Percy. And so I ask you once more, why did you leave Percy alone at the waterfall!"

The more she talked the louder her voice became and he didn't like it. She was always so timid and respectful but when she became angry he feared her. But never before had she been so mad at him. He knew he fucked up.

He looked down and mumbled something under his breath. "What was that I didn't hear you."

He said it a little louder "I wanted to beat Dionysus' score in Pac Man."

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!" she turned around and stormed off.

One of his royal guards came up behind him. Hades turned to him, "so do you think I can go finish the game?"

The guard didn't speak but he shook his head extremely fast. Hades just sighed and went to Percy's room. In the week that Percy was here, Persephone's motherly side came out with a bang.

Do this, don't do that, don't feed him that, get him away from Cerberus, he's dirty. Oh, gods, she was a nightmare. She was always worried about Percy and he loved her for that, but he wanted some attention. He craved for it.

He wanted to say bye to the prince before he left for the hunters. He walked in and Percy was playing with Blackjack on the floor, with Persephone on the couch reading a book. She was dressed in a black lace dress, a beauty on her pale perfect skin. Her hair was in a messy bun with pearls and diamonds embedded in her hair. Her rosy lips parted slightly, he wanted to kiss them so badly.

"My Queen, is Artemis here yet?" I looked around the room and saw no hunter. "I did give her permission to enter my domain, right?" He looked at Persephone for confirmation.

"Yes M'Lord, you did." Never looking up from her book.

"What are you reading? What is making you blush so much?" he walked over but it vanished. She looked at him and smiled, "start packing his bags, she'll be here soon."

Hades felt like the maids and not the god. He walked up the stairs, hanging his head and grabbed the things he needed. The diaper bag was bottomless, it would hold anything and everything Percy needed. He was 11 weeks old, he seemed to be growing like a normal child but his powers seemed to get stronger every day. What seemed to worried him was that his aura seemed to get stronger by the day, this week he watched Percy summon lighting, play with fire, open portals to Poseidon. The first time he did that, Poseidon was in his robes and brushing his teeth. We contacted both Zeus and Chaos and told them the situation. Chaos laughed and said he couldn't wait for Percy to join him.