Chapter 15-Perry 2.0

Aspen, Chase and Leo walked downstairs when Perry walked out of her office, a microphone in her hand.

"Morning, herm sacks!"

"You really need to give us better names." Aspen told the shorter lady which caused her to glare at the blonde.

"I know you've all been complaining that technology isn't quite-" The microphone started to malfunction. "Isn't quite-" It malfunctioned again, and she hit it against her palm and it made a loud screeching noise, causing everyone to cover their ears. "State of the art." She continued a sheepish look on her face, "So thanks to yours truly, we're getting cutting edge equipment for the whole school to enjoy. Jojo, Betty, come on girls! Let's wheel it like it's hot!"

Jojo and Betty wheeled in a car that was covered with a sheet.

"Behold Misson Creek High's new media center." Perry exclaimed, removing the sheet.

It wasn't new. The TV was old, and there was a VHS player.

"I don't think you can call it technology if you ahve to change ther channel with a pair of pliers." Leo told her.

"Why do I smell Formaldehyde?" Chase asked.

"Cause I found it on a curb outside the morgue." Perry replied, "I'm getting all my Christmas presents there too. Aunt Dolly's gtting sheets."

"You are so cheep." Aspen laughed, leaning on Chase a little.

"How is this thing new?" Chase asked, pointing to the TV.

"It's new to you, lady face." She shot back at him before walking away.

"That lady frustrates me." Apsen rolled her eyes, walking over to her locker.

"I wish she'd get fired." Leo said, and the three laughed.

"Getting Perry fired would be like trying to get Asp to stop obsessing over Dylan O'Brien." Chase said, and Aspen playfully punched her best friend's shoulder.

"Okay." Perry walked back over to the 'entertainment system'. "Let's fire up the media center!" She plugged it on, but then there were sparks which led to the power going out. "Minor setback. For the record, you all look better in this light."

The light suddenly came back on, and everyone started to go back to their classes.

"Okay Aspen, get to Math class with Leo. Or both of you will be late." Chase spoke up.

"Man, Mr. Rodriguez hates me." Aspen mumbled.

"Aspen, just last week you put ketchup and mustard in his office." Chase laughed as Leo pulled her off towards their class.

*******

After school the three were in the lab studying for history.

"Guys, read what's on page forty-seven of your history book." Chase told them.

"I don't have a page forty-seven." Leo said, "I have a four, a twelve, a thirty-two, and what I hope is gum on nintey-eight."

"I don't even know where my book is." Aspen shrugged.

"This book is so old." Chase said, "Listen to this. Chapter four, horseless carriages taking over the street of America."

"Other schools teach on laptops and tablets. We're readying from textbooks that warn us the British are coming." Leo said as he looked through the textbook, Apsen looking over his shoulder, "We need to do something to bring Misson Creek High to the twenty-first century."