1. Ash's Wish

Hey guys! New pearlshipping story for y'all. I just wanna say, thanks again for reading "Shattered." It means a lot to me that you guys really enjoyed that story :') I hope you enjoy this one! Think of this... as a sequel to Shattered.

Ash's POV

It had been almost 3 years since Dawn and I got married. We were happy and doing well as a married couple. We were blessed with a baby boy named Adrien. He's about 7 months now and we both love him a lot.

But like all marriages, there were faults. We had a few arguments here and there but they weren't really that bad. In fact, we apologized to each other the minute it was over.

But today, today was different... Words that shouldn't have been said were said. I had just come home from work and I was feeling tired. I heard the sink running and assume Dawn was washing the dishes. I saw Adrien in the living room playing with his toys and smiled at him.

Dawn came into the room and sat down next to Adrien. I went over and gave her a peck on the cheek and sat next to her. She smiled at me and looked over at Adrien. Just then, there was a knock at the door. I got up to go get open it and saw that it was one of the Pokémon commissioners.

"Mr. Ketchum?" He asked.

"That's me. Why?"

"We just wanted to inform you of the upcoming Pokémon league this weekend and we'd like you to make a guest appearance." He said.

"Oh, wow. Sure, I don't mind." I smiled happily.

"Great. Be there 10am sharp." He smiled as he began walking away. I closed the door and looked back at an unhappy Dawn.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"The.. Pokemon league?"

"What about it?"

"You do remember what's happening this weekend, don't you?"

"What could be more important than the Pokémon league?"

She gasped, "Ash Ketchum! How could you? It's our 3rd anniversary that we've been planning for weeks and you forgot!?"

That's right...

"I.. I'm sorry Dawn. I just-"

She sighed at me. "No, it's fine. Just go ahead and go to the Pokémon league."

"Dawn."

"I said it's fine, Ash. Leave it at that."

I groaned. "You do know, I can just cancel the Pokémon league, right?"

"It doesn't matter anymore, Ash."

"Really, Dawn? You're gonna act like that now?"

She crossed her arms at me. "What's the point, Ash? You forgot anyway." She then picked up Adrien in her arms and put him in his baby crib. "Why do you have to be so stubborn!?" I shouted.

"Stubborn!? I'm not the one who forgot about our 3rd anniversary!"

"You know what Dawn!? I'll go to the Pokémon league!!"

"Fine!" She shouted.

Without thinking, I walked out of the house and slammed the door behind me. I don't know  or care where I was going as long as I was far away from here.

"Gah! Sometimes, I wish I never met Dawn!!" I shouted.

Short chapter but I promise I'll make chapter two longer :D