Part 13: The Truth

This will most likely be the last chapter or not. But, we'll see :D

Enjoy!

Ash's POV

Today was the day of the wedding. I packed some of my things and got ready. Dawn and Serena were already at the yacht prepping everything up. Clemont was with me and was tidying up the tuxedo that I was supposed to wear.

"Ash, I'm really unsure about this plan." He told me.

"It'll work. I swear. It's gonna throw Kenny off guard and I'll be able to sneak Dawn away from everything." I told him.

"Let's hope you're right about this." He said as he took a look at himself in the mirror. I smiled at him as I walked up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "You look great, bud."

"It's not really much. Besides, it's not a real wedding." I noticed the sadness in his voice. I smiled at him lightly as I patted him on the back. "If you love her, why not tell her? That way it could be a real wedding. One we'll actually celebrate." I said.

"Because I know she's still in love with you." He said as he sat down on the bed and looked down at the ground sadly. "I'm nothing to her, Ash. Why would the Kalos Queen wanna marry some stupid inventor?"

"Clemont, you're not a stupid inventor! Weren't you the same guy who helped out Volkner in Sunnyshore city with his solar powered gym? And the guy responsible for the Lumiose Tower?" I said.

"And the fire that started at the tower.."

"But, it worked out in the end didn't it?" I told him.

"Yeah, I guess but—"

"Point it.. your screw ups always turn out right. Don't end up missing out on something you'll regret in the future." I said, remembering the day Dawn and I had that argument. How I regret every moment of it..

"Ash?" Clemont said.

"Don't worry. I'm fine. But, you should really talk to Serena before the wedding." I smiled as we both walked out the door and made our way to the docks.

Clemont's POV

I took a deep breath as I looked at the door in front of me. Behind that door was Serena. I decided to take Ash's advice and confess. If I didn't, I knew I'd regret it. But, if I confessed and she rejected me... I think I'd be okay.

I brought my hand up to the door and knocked. I heard her answer, "come in."

I walked inside and saw her in her wedding dress. She was so beautiful I couldn't even say anything. "Clemont. What a surprise." She smiled. "So, you ready for this fake wedding?" She chuckled.

"Yeah." I laughed, "But, I.. I actually came here to tell you something."

Here goes nothing..

"What is it?" She asked me.

"Well.."

Come on, Clemont!!

"I.. I like you, Serena! I admire the way you treat your Pokémon and the way you're so passionate about Pokémon fashion showcases and always chasing your dreams. Those are the reasons why.. I.. Ive come to like you. I've always admired you from every Pokémon showcase that would come on TV. And... and.. that's all I came here to say.. it's okay if you reject me! I.. I just had to tell you..." I said as I started walking out her room.

Before I could reach the deck, I heard Serena shouting at me.

"Clemont!" I turned around as she bumped right into me.

"Is what you said all true? Do you mean that?" She asked me.

"O-Of course I meant it.. why wouldn't I?" I told her.

She didn't say anything. She smiled at me as she pulled me into a hug and started laughing. "You big dummy!"

"Wait.. I'm confused. What's going on?" I asked her.

"Our wedding." She smiled.

I smiled at her as I pulled her into a hug and kissed her lips. "Serena, will you marry me?" I asked. She chuckled at me as she kissed me back. "Happily."

We both walked out onto the yacht deck and waited to be happily wed.

Ash's POV

It was nearly sunset which meant it was almost time for the wedding to start. Dawn was looking through her wedding planner and making sure everything was in order. All the guests had arrived and were already in their seats just chattering while waiting for the wedding to start.

I saw Clemont come out from below deck smiling and assumed he confessed to Serena and it went.. well. Serena was with her mom prepping for the wedding. Me? I was keeping an eye out for Kenny wherever he might be hiding.

"I hope this goes well, Ash." Dawn said walking up to me.

"It will. No need to worry." I smiled.

She chuckled at me, "That's when I worry the most."

We heard the piano play and knew the wedding had started. "All rise for the bride." We heard the priest say as the guests rose from their seats and looked down the aisle to see Serena. I smiled at her as she walked down the aisle to meet with Clemont. Before Clemont could take her hand, we heard a gun shot.

"YOU THINK YOU CAN MESS WITH ME, KETCHUM???" I heard someone shout. I looked around everywhere looking for where it came from and heard a scream. I looked over at Serena and saw that the priest had been shot.

"Dawn... it's either you come with me now or I kill everyone here right here.. right NOW!" He shouted.

Without thinking, I ran up to him and tackled him as I beat him to the ground. He tried to aim his gun at me but luckily, I slapped it away. He punched me in the jaw and I fell on my back. He got on top of me and started beating me in the face. I then felt a sharp pain at my side and started coughing up blood.

"HA! YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD BEAT ME, KETCHUM?? YOU THOUGHT—"

I heard a loud bang and saw Dawn holding one of the folding chairs. Kenny went unconscious and I smiled at her. "You.. you did it, Dawn." I smiled. She smiled at me as she went up to me and knelt down beside me.

"Thanks to you, Ash." She said.

I looked over at the horizon and realized the sun had set. It was the final night of the millennium comet.. I felt the sharp pain again from earlier. "Ash? Ash!" Dawn said worriedly.

My time was up..

"Ash.."

"It's.. it's okay." I smiled weakly.

She moved my blazer to the side to see an open wound. "A-Ash.. you were stabbed.. no.. hold on. I'll call the paramedics I'll—" I stopped her. "Ash.."

"It's okay, Dawn.." I told her.

"But.. there has to be something I can do.." she said.

I smiled at her, "you've already done everything for me, Dawn.. you gave me a home.. a family." I said weakly.

"You have kids?" She asked.

"We have a kid.. a little boy named—"

"Adrien." We both said.

"Adrien.. I've always wanted a boy named Adrien.." she smiled lightly.

"And someday.." I weakly reached into my pocket and handed her the locket containing the family picture. "..you will." I smiled.

She gasped as she opened the locket and saw the photo. "Is this.. us?" She asked.

I nodded at her and smiled. She was silent for awhile as she stared at the locket then at me. "You know what the best part of all this was?" She shook her head at me confused.

"I got the chance.. to fall in love with you all over again." I smiled weakly. She smiled at me as she leaned in and placed a kiss on my lips.

Everything went black.

Welp, there you have it! Be sure to stay tuned for the last chapter!