Part 12: The Plan

I'm so sorry for the long wait! But, I hope you enjoy. This will be a long chapter as I promised.

Ash's POV

I walked down my bedroom stairs and into the kitchen as I sat down on a chair and buried my face in my hands. The wedding was tomorrow.. nothing had changed much. I was running out of time. Arceus what do I do.. please..

Just then, I heard footsteps come into the kitchen and see Serena. She told me she had stayed over at her mother's place and that explained the unknown number she used to call me yesterday. "Morning, Ash.." She said.

"Morning." I smiled.

She sighed at me, "listen.. I.. I already know you love Dawn. I can see it in the way you talk about her and look at her. Like.. she's an old friend you fell in love with." She said.

I didn't know what to tell her. How do I explain that I wished Dawn and I never met and Jirachi granted it. Would that make sense to her? I don't know..

"In a way.. it feels as though, you do know her. From a past life?"

My eyes widened at her. "How do you—"

"It's just a feeling.. I've been feeling the same way too, I guess. That.. this feeling isn't right. I feel as though.. you were meant to be with Dawn." She said.

I looked down at the ground. "I'm sorry..."

She smiled as she shook her head at me. "Don't be! After all.. I've always known it would be like this."

I didn't say anything. I couldn't find the right words to say or tell her.

"With that being said.. we should call off the wedding. Right? That's what would be best." She said.

I looked up at her. "Is it what you want?" She smiled at me, "it's not that I want to.. but, that it would be best for both of us. Look at us, Ash. We're not happy at all." She took my hand in hers, "the way you look at Dawn.. talk about her.. that's what I want. For someone to look at me the same way you look at her."

I smiled at her as I gave her a kiss on the cheek. "And someday.. someone will. They'll be the lucky one." I told her.

"Thank you, Ash." She smiled as she got up from her seat to call everyone and tell them the wedding was canceled.

I looked down at my locket. Nothing had changed.. nothing at all. What am I supposed to do?

Just then, an idea popped into my head.

"Serena! Serena wait!!" I said as I ran to the living room and stopped her from calling any of the guests. "Ash, why—"

"Don't call off the wedding just yet!"

"..Why....?" She asked confused.

"I have a plan." I told her.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"Ash.. are you sure this is going to work? I don't think—"

"Trust me." I said.

"But, what if something happens to you?" She asked.

"Trust me, this is a full proof plan! I'll call up Clemont to see if he'll go along with it." I said as I picked up the phone and started calling Clemont.

He answered in just a few rings.

"Hey, Ash. What's up?"

"I need a favor.."

"Sure."

Later

"I don't know, Ash. Your plan seems.. risky." Serena said as she began putting her stuff away into a suitcase including her wedding dress.

"Trust me, it's gonna work!" I smiled.

"Right.. and tell me how it goes again?" She asked.

"Well, instead of getting married to me. You'll be marrying Clemont! Which reminds me... you told everyone the plan right?"

She sighed, "yes."

"Great! I get Dawn out of sight and somewhere safe and get the jump on Kenny!" I told her.

"Ash.. you could get seriously hurt or worse.. killed." She said worriedly.

"Don't worry, Serena. This plan should go well as long as everyone plays along."

"But, Dawn doesn't even know about the plan."

She's right. Dawn didn't know anything about the plan or Kenny. What am I going to do? I gotta figure something out without letting her know that Kenny is on to her. She'll be so confused on why Serena is marrying Clemont instead of me.

"I'll.. explain it to her. That you're marrying Clemont instead."

"How about Kenny?"

"I'm not sure if I can tell her that." I said as I walked downstairs to see Dawn in the kitchen drinking some orange juice. "Hey, Ash." She smiled.

I smiled lightly at her then looked down at the ground. She noticed the look on my face and went up to me. "Ash.. what's wrong?" She asked me.

"It's.. It's over." I said.

"What is?"

"Serena and I. She's.. marrying someone else." I said.

Dawn went up to me and looked at me worriedly. "Ash.. I'm.. I'm so sorry.." she apologized.

I wiped my fake tears away and smiled at her. "Don't be. Right now, I just want her to be happy. We already talked about this.. and.. if it's alright with you, she wants you to still go with her idea for the wedding." I said.

"Well.. okay. I don't mind." She smiled. "It is my job to plan weddings."

I smiled at her, "Thanks, Dawn. I'm gonna go and tell Serena now." I said as I got up and went into my room to see Serena sitting on the bed. "Well?" She asked. I smiled as I gave her a thumbs up.

She sighed at me. "I'm still not sure about your plan, Ash. If something happens then—"

"Then it'll be on me. Trust me. This plan is full proof." I said.

"Let's hope so. I'm going over to my mom's place for the night. See you tomorrow before sunset." She said as she took her things and walked downstairs and out the house.

Let's only hope this plan pulls through.. even if I can't have my old life with Dawn, I'll start a new one.

Here you go. :) hope you enjoyed.