Chapter 10: Fulfilling Promises

Hi, I'm back! Sorry if I haven't updated in awhile :( Been so busy!! But, anyways, new pearlshipping story coming up!! Not sure about the title yet but I'll keep you updated :) Enjoy!

I'm also happy because this story is Top 8 in #satohika and my other story "Shattered" is Top 2 in #ashxdawn! Thanks so much for the reads/votes! You guys are definitely the best!

Ash's POV

Dawn and I had moved on from the kiss like it was nothing the next day. We never brought it up and acted as if it never happened. We were on the couch casually talking about the plans for the wedding.

"So, have you finally decided where the wedding is going to take place?"

"Yeah, it's going to be in—"

"—a yacht."

We both looked over at the door to see Serena. She walked over to the couch and sat in between Dawn and I. She then grabbed my hand and held onto it. "I'm free today. So you can discuss the wedding plans with both of us now." She said.

"Oh.. uh, yeah sure." Dawn smiled lightly. "So.. a yacht then?"

"Yes. A yacht. I don't have to repeat myself." Serena said harshly.

"Sorry.." Dawn said as she looked down at her wedding planner and jotted down some notes.

"What's with you? Why are you being so mean to Dawn?" I asked Serena. Serena looked over at me, "and so what? She's nothing but a stupid wedding planner. The only thing she should be concerned about is planning our wedding."

I looked over at Dawn and saw tears streaming down her face. "You know what Serena? I think you should leave." I told her.

"What!??"

"You heard me. I don't have to repeat myself." I said, using the exact same words she used on Dawn. She glared at me and got up from the couch and walked out the door; slamming it shut behind her.

"Sorry about that." I apologized.

She shook her head at me. "But.. now I feel like I shouldn't be here. I'm just ruining your future with Serena."

I sighed as I laid back against the couch. Just then, an idea popped into my head. "Hey, Dawn. Follow me to town will ya?" I asked. She was confused but nodded her head at me as she put her wedding planner down.

We both got in my car and made our way to town. I parked at a building and got down with Dawn and we went inside.

"Ash, what is this place?" She asked me.

"Hello! Welcome to Maid Cafe! How may we serve you?" Three workers greeted.

"Table for 2, please." I smiled. They nodded at us as they lead Dawn and I to a table and we both sat down. Dawn smiled at the waitresses and thanked them as they handed us our menus.

"You should try our famous miltank milk! It's sure to get you feeling fresh and motivated!" One of the maids said.

"Alright. I'll try it!" Dawn smiled. We handed them back the menus and waited for our orders to arrive. "This place is nice and all Ash, but why'd you bring me here?"

"You just seemed to be so stressed from all the planning. So, I thought, why not bring you out for a change? You deserve it, Dawn." I smiled.

I then realized..

Dawn had always been working hard to keep Adrien and I happy. She cooked, cleaned, and even went to work just to help provide for the family. She did everything and she never got credit for it...

I always came home from work not doing anything to show Dawn I appreciated her for the things I did. I often thought that we were never gonna last and that a divorce would be coming soon..

But now, I realized.. it was all my fault to begin with.

"That's very sweet of you, Ash." She smiled.

I smiled back at her. So.. in a way, I guess this was to make it up to her for all the hard work she's been doing — in our past life and now.

The maids came back with our orders and we thanked them. We happily ate and talked about anything that came to mind. After we were done, we went strolling around the town and shopping for stuff. The sun was about to set so we sat down at a bench that looked out towards the open ocean.

"Thanks so much for today, Ash. It was nice to get out and get a change of scenery for once." She said.

"Hey, we all need a break. Don't we?" I chuckled.

She chuckled at me. "We both do that's for sure."

The sun had set and the streetlights began to turn on. People were walking around chattering. Just then, I saw a family walking by. A father, a mother, and their son. "I wonder what it feels like.." I looked over at Dawn who was also staring at the family.

"Having your own kid with the love of your life.." She smiled. "Have you ever thought about that with Serena?" I shook my head at her. "We never brought it up to each other or even thought of it. So, I just went on with whatever's happening." I said. I then looked over at Dawn.

"How about you? Ever thought about having a family of your own?" I asked her.

She nodded her head. "Countless times. I've always wanted my own little family. If I were to have a kid.. I'd name him..."

Adrien

"Adrien."

I knew it. I smiled and looked over at her. "I'm sure you'll have that life soon. You won't just be the wedding planner anymore."

She smiled at me. "Hopefully." She got up from the bench and stretched a bit. "Well, your wedding is just two days away. You'll soon be a married man." She said.

My eyes widened and I looked up and realized that it was the 5th day of the millennium comet. The last night was on the day of the wedding.. the last night I could change everything back. I don't even know if I made any progress in changing everything back to the way it was.

"Ash, everything okay?" Dawn asked me.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I was just.. thinking." I chuckled.

"Oh.. well, we should get back." Dawn said as she started walking to the car.

I got up and couldn't stop thinking about the millennium comet.. the last night was on the day of my wedding.. I was hoping.. hoping that there was a chance of changing everything back. I looked at the locket to see that it was still the same picture from last night. Nothing had changed. What was I supposed to do?

Hey. Sorry for the very late update. I've been really busy and running out of ideas. But, anyways, I hope you liked this chapter. I'll try and update as soon as I can :(