Part 8: Reunion

Hey, sorry for not updating. But, anyways, just to let you guys know that this story will only be up to.. 13-15 chapters? Sorry, but I hope you understand. :) I'll do my best to make every chapter long just for you!

Enjoy :)

Ash's POV

I woke up to find that Serena was not in bed with me. I figured she must've went out with her mom already and left me alone in the house. I got out of bed and walked downstairs into the kitchen to make breakfast. I heard the guest bedroom open and close from upstairs and heard footsteps. I saw Dawn yawning while rubbing her eyes as she sat in one of the chairs at the dining table.

"Morning." I said.

"Morning, Ash." She yawned.

"If you're still tired, you can go sleep some more." I told her.

"No, it's fine. We really have to move on with the wedding plans." She said.

"Dawn, we have the whole day to discuss about the plans for the wedding." I said as I poured myself some coffee. "Get some rest. Even a planner needs to think about themselves too, you know?"

She sighed and gave me a light smile. "Yeah, you're right. I'll go get some more sleep then." She said as she walked back upstairs and back into the guest room.

I sat at the dining table as I took a sip from my coffee. I remembered that one night Dawn couldn't sleep well and I stayed up with her the whole night until she could finally sleep.

Memory

She sat up crying in our bedroom thinking about some stuff. She wondered why she was never good enough for her father, her real father. Why he had to leave her and her mom like that? She wished that she could have danced with him on the day of our wedding for the father-daughter dance.

She loved her stepfather. She really did. But, more than anything she wanted to see her real dad. She wished for him to be there for her many times. She always hoped that wherever he was, he was watching her contests. He was cheering for her. She had always hoped he'd give her a call and tell her he's so proud of her.

She cried and cried and I did my best to comfort her. I could almost say I was in the same shoes as her. My dad left me and my mom as well and I always wondered whether he thought of us or not. Whether he saw me battle in the Pokémon leagues and bothered to give me a call.

But, I gave up on that thought and moved on with my life.

"Why wasn't I ever good enough for him?" She cried.

I hugged her tighter and rubbed her back. I didn't know what to say, I stayed silent and let her vent out to me. I didn't really care whether I lose sleep or not. I wanted to make sure Dawn was okay no matter what.

After a few hours, she was finally asleep. I wiped away some tears from her eyes and gently laid her down with me on the bed as I drifted off to sleep as well.

End of memories

Dawn never thought about her dad after that night. She moved on with her life and continued to be happy no matter what. I still hoped she'd meet her Dad someday.

Without thinking, I went online and started doing some research.

Later

I sat in a small coffee shop that wasn't too far from Pallet town. I watched the door and saw people coming in and some going out. I sighed thinking this was a hopeless idea.

"Mr. Ash Ketchum?" My eyes widened and I looked up to see a man with short black hair and blue eyes. He wore a navy blue coat and a white scarf around his neck.

He sat in the chair in front of me and the waiter offered us two cups of coffee. "You're.. David? David Berlitz?" I asked.

He nodded his head at me. "Yes, that's me. You said you wanted to speak with me?" He had a deep voice. One that sounded much like a strict yet outgoing father. I can see where Dawn got her blue eyes from, well.. both her parents had blue eyes but Dawn's was more similar to her father.

"I actually wanted to show you something." I said as I took out a photo from my pocket and gave it to him. His eyes widened at the photo and he looked at me. "Where.. where did you get this?" He asked me.

"Doesn't matter where I got it. I wanna see if you know about it." I told him.

"This is a picture of me and my wife.. with our daughter on her 1st birthday." He said. "My little sunshine.. Dawn." I watched as he stared at the photo. I then took out another photo and gave it to him. He took it from me and his eyes widened again, tears began to stream down his face.

"This.. this is her at the grand festival.. isn't it?"

I looked at him in shock. I didn't think he knew anything about contests because he didn't seem like a man of that stature. "Yes but, how do you know that's the grand festival?" I asked him.

"I've watched all her contests from when I first saw her in Hearthome city. From then on, I continued to watch all her contests up until she reached the grand festival." He told me.

"Why have you never bothered to give her a call?" I asked him.

"I didn't know how to face her. I left because her mother and I just didn't see eye to eye anymore. I've always wanted to see her and tell her I'm sorry for leaving. I've always wanted to call her up and tell her how proud I am after every contest she competed in."

"Well, maybe you can do that now." I told him.

"No.. I couldn't.. I.."

"Sir, please. Just see your daughter once, just this once." I begged.

He stayed silent for awhile and sighed. "Alright.. I'll.. I'll see her and talk to her.." he said. I smiled at him. "Thank you, sir."

Back in Pallet town

"Dawn? You here?" I shouted as I entered my home.

"Ash. I woke up and was wondering where you were. I just had a great idea for the wedding and I think you're gonna love it!" She smiled as she went to go grab her planner.

"That's great, Dawn but, I have a surprise for you." I smiled.

"A surprise? For me? What—" the room fell silent as soon as David walked in. Dawn looked at him in shock.. David smiled as he walked up to Dawn. "My.. my little sunshine.. you've grown so much." He cried.

"D-Dad..? Is it really.." she said.

"Dawn.. I.."

Instead of saying anything else, Dawn ran up to him and gave him a hug. His eyes widened and he soon eased into the hug, embracing his daughter into his arms.

"Dawn, why don't we hold off on the wedding plans. I'm sure you and your Dad have a lot to catch up on."  I smiled.

They both looked at each other and smiled. Dawn nodded her head at me. "Thank you, Ash." She said as they both walked out of the house.

I smiled as I looked at the locket and saw that the picture had changed again. This time, it was me, Dawn, and Adrien.

Sorry for the late update! Update you again soon :)