Who Can do Better?

Yang POV

"CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT (Y/N)!!??" I scoffed "UGH!" I had my head on my hand as I drank through the straw of my soda.

"Aren't you taking this a bit too hard?" said my friend from across the table as we ate within the classroom "I mean, it's just one lunch" her little black bow on her head and amber eyes that stared at me with only a hint of interest.

"BUT REALLY BLAKE!?" I kept on going, two sets of lunch in front of me, one opened and almost fully consumed while the other was left unopen " 'I don't exactly have the time nor luxury to befriend a new student' my ass!" I mocked him, annoyed that he suddenly left me for that pipsqueak of a new student.

"Soo... you're angry at him?"

"OF COURSE I AM!! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I COOKED FOR HIM!!!" I grabbed the lunch I made for (y/n) and went to the corner, ready to spill out its content to the trash can. Before I could do so however, I wonder if he has eaten anything at all "But then again..." quickly I walked back to Blake.

"What now?" she said, with a small smirk, amused by what she's seeing.

"I mean, what if (y/n) hasn't eaten anything? I don't want him to starve!"

"But aren't you angry at him?"

"You're right!" I walk back to the trash can with renewed resolved, but another thought comes to mind. I walked back to Blake "But I cooked this one very well! He's definitely gonna love it"

"But you're angry at him"

"Th-that's right! I am!" staring intently at the packed lunch, I rethink of what I'm feeling "But..."

"Yang..."

"Yes Blake?"

"Make up your mind"

"I DON'T KNOW!!!" I went back and sat down on my seat, finishing my food.

"Heh, I guess that will never really change now would it?" Blake said, her smirk now a small smile.

"What wouldn't change?"

"You TRYING to be angry at (y/n) only to fail... miserably"

"I just..." I had to wonder for a bit. Why can't I? "...Well, what am I supposed to do!? Let him starve!? I can't do that to him... He's..."

"Gosh" Blake immediately fixes her stuff, that smile never fading, ready to get back to her seat "Someone should write a book about you two" before leaving however she whispers "Goodluck and don't do something stupid"

"What?"

"Oh hey Blake!" I turn around and instantly I see (y/n) walking up towards us.

"Hey (y/n), Yang's been talking about you" I glared right at her, surprised by the fact she dropped that unnecessary info at (y/n).

"Blake!"

(y/n) slowly looks towards me, his eyes being a nervous "Uh-oh..." as Blake moved out, (y/n) stands in front of me, shaking a bit "Hey Yang... how was lunch?"

'C'mon Yang! You can do this! Be ANGRY! BE YANGRY! ...I really can't do this' I look at him, convicted and ready to lay it out and talk to him "Oh it was fine... eating all alone with Blake..."

"Ahehe... sorry"

With my arms crossed at my chest, I tried my best not to ask him if he has eaten or if he'd like some more "Sorry for what?"

"For um... leaving you... without a word... during lunch..." there were these few seconds of silence between us when a growling sound erupted "Oops... uhh..."

Quickly realizing what it is, my instincts kick in "(y/n)! Was that you!?"

"I uhh... may or may not have spent most of lunch time reconnecting with someone..."

"I don't care!" I grab out the lunch I made for him, grabbed him by the shoulder, ready to get him seated for his meal. Upon moving him however, I saw her...

"Ow Yang! You don't need to-"

"Oh, it's you... Neapolitan right?"

The little girl was smiling at me, without even saying a word it seems like she's mocking me. Even when I'm the one looking down on her it feels like she's looking down on me, underestimating everything about me.

She suddenly takes out a whiteboard seemingly out of nowhere and began writing something down. 'It's actually NEOpolitan' erasing and writing again, she showed me her next message 'Can't differentiate A's and O's?'

'Alright... it's official... I HATE this girl...'

"Yang, this is Neo, that old friend of mine" I turned at (y/n). He was looking at me with a smile of great expectations, as if he's excited that the two of us get to meet. Still, that news made my irritation grow.

I mean, how did she even become friends with him?! But still... I need to give her the benefit of the doubt...

"Well then, any friend of (y/n) is a friend of mine!" taking all my might, I raise my hand for a handshake "I'm Yang, nice to meet ya!"

And just with a nod, she moves away from me and sticks close with (y/n). And, it's official, 'I wanna punt this runt!'

Taking the seat in front of (y/n) while the little girl stood by him and looked over his shoulder as he opened the lunchbox.

"OH MY GOSH YANG!!" his eyes immediately lit up open seeing the contents "I don't know what I'll do without you..."

"And I don't know why I'm still friends with you" resting my head on my hand, I felt proud seeing (y/n) enjoy my cooking. It's not much but, it's the least I can do for all the help he's given me over the years.

"Oh please, you say that but just admit it" he looks at me, the same way whenever we tease each other everytime we're together "You can't resist me"

"And you just can't live without me" I added, winking towards him.

Looking over his shoulder, Neo looks straight at me, obviously annoyed. 'That's right... it's me and him now'

Without saying a word to each other, Neo and I stared each other down, ready to see what each other's got.

"Neo you hungry? Yang's cooking is awesome"

'I can do better' she wrote, ready to take on the challenge and for some reason, I felt this shiver down my spine as I saw a tint of fire in the brown and pink eyed girl.