IT'S JUST A WALK!!

(y/n) POV

"So you're gonna have to walk alone to school for a while..." Yang took a bite before continuing "Practice for the volleyball tournament really starts early if we want the free court. Plus, I wouldn't want to smell of sweat in class"

"Are you telling me this because you want me to wake up early so that we can still walk to school together?" I asked, curious if we can still go on like before. It's been a well known fact around school that this is what we do. I wake up and go to Yang's; Yang walks to school with me. There may be slight changes here and there like Yang being the one to wake me up or having an extra person, but in essence, it's always me and her together in the morning as we walk to Beacon.

She swallowed down the rice down her throat, not even bothering chewing. "After what happened last practice, I don't think so" she recalled the last time we met during her club training "Believe it or not, it wasn't the ball that I wanted to kiss that day"

"But I thought you LOVED volleyball" I teased.

She gave me a long pause and stare and said "It doesn't seem like he likes me the same way"

"Awww... Poor you"

"Poor me indeed" suddenly she stands up and began fixing up her lunchbox, the small bundles of rice which fell to the floor were carefully picked up to leave no trace behind.

"He-hey! Where are you going?" I asked, surprised by her sudden need to leave.

"Hehe, don't worry (y/n)" as she finished packing, she looked back at me to finish "We're finally having our fitting for our jerseys so I'm excused for the period. Bye!"

As she moved towards the exit, looking back at me whilst waving, I can't help but feel a bit lonely now "Bye..." Right now, I can't help but wonder if this is payback for that time I left her to eat alone...

"You'll be walking alone for now huh?" I suddenly looked behind me, towards the source of the voice "Won't you feel lonely?" Suddenly I'm greeted by Yang's best friend, Blake Belladona.

"I-I guess... but it's bound to happen anyways so..."

"Don't worry" she turned her body towards me and I did the same, keeping up with the conversation "Walking alone every morning isn't so bad"

"Oh yeah! You walk alone every morning" It actually surprises me how little I know about Blake and yet we're the two closes people to Yang next to her family. Of course, Blake and I had always been in good terms but it was always mainly because Yang connected us. I don't think I can recall a time where we just hung out as friends without Yang or me asking Blake a favor.

"Yes but I don't think it's something to get excited about..."

It was then and there that an idea popped into my head "Hey, maybe we can-" before it could even form however, I quickly dismissed it.

"Hm?" she looked at me with curiosity.

"It's nothing..." It took me a few minutes to think about it.

'Maybe WE can walk to school together'

Blake POV

I couldn't help but hear Yang and (y/n) talk while eating behind me. Sitting directly behind them, I was the silent observer of their conversation. It's been a known fact how close those two are and yet, despite the fact that I'm also one of Yang's closest, if not THE closest, friends, (y/n) and I haven't really had the chance to connect. Hearing their current situation made an idea pop into mind...