Dancing in the Rain

Neo POV

There was always something wrong...

I was abandoned by my parents as early as I can remember but luckily enough, instead of leaving me on the streets, they gave me to an orphanage. Then, I was adopted by the Torchwick family who seemed to be pretty well mannered and an overall great place to be in; another something to be grateful about. Thanks to that, I was able to study and live rather normally. It is a good life...

But there was always something wrong...

My real parents gave me to an orphanage at a young age, and I can't even recall if I had a friend that stayed for a year, they all just went away as quickly as they came. Roman Torchwick held much power and wealth but no one could deny that he was sketchy as fuck.

I also had a friend, the only friend who was always there for all the years when I was child, but I had to leave him after I got adopted.

Lucky as I may be, there was always something wrong...

It was still early in the morning, the cooks in the mansion was still heating up the stoves, ovens, pots, and everything else they needed. I already finished taking a bath while most of the staff were sleeping, they didn't have to help me with what I want this morning. I also am skipping breakfast in the house, I can just get some outside. Usually, if I was pressed for time I could just have my breakfast while in our car.

Today won't be the case, as usual, time to runaway. As convenient as having a driver is for school days, sometimes having a short walk outside isn't so bad, sometimes it honestly feels constricting. These things may happen around me, but I still have some hold on it, I can still do something about it.

I faced the mirror, making sure everything I needed was ready. I padded my shoes and socks then wore my black stockings, feeling the cool fabric over my legs. I double-checked my bag, making sure that I have the necessary toiletries to wipe my sweat off then groom myself properly. Then lastly, I tucked my parasol under my arm.

Making sure I have everything ready, I ran outside through my window. Sneaking pass the staff and guards, then leaping over the gate. It went smoothly, far more efficient than my runs before. It was all good.

But there would always be something wrong. My life until now has been a mix of good and bad hitting one after the other. A mix of dark and light, of chocolate and vanilla.

What I thought was the morning waking up late, turned out to be the clouds covering the sun. Soon, the clouds began to cry, their tears turning to drops of rain. I was a good distance already from our mansion when it began to rain. Slowly, I got soaked so I ran as reasonably fast as possible with the wet ground. Finally, I spotted an open convenience store and decided to take cover for now- my parasol was not meant to cover for rain.

As usual, nothing can go perfect for me. It's always a mix of something...

I put down my things on a small table and hung my parasol by the door, hoping it would dry. I checked my things to see if there's something damaged or too wet. Luckily my phone could take some time underwater and still be operational. As I checked, I heard the door of the store open then a short familiar gasp.

"Neo? Is that you?"

I looked up to see (y/n), wet from the rain as well despite the umbrella over his head which he now had folded.

Again, a turn of events. What happens around me is never perfect, it's always a mix. And that's how I like it, never boring and always something new. My life is not perfect, nobody's life is perfect, I know that and that's the way I like it –vanilla and chocolate, mixed up with some strawberries.