chapter 11

Joys point of view

Today was the day, my surgery day.

I cried, only infront of Jack, because he cried when I told him I didnt want to die.

He told me I wouldnt and Im believing him. Why wouldnt I.

I told everyone I loved them and many cried, but i didnt cry because I was being drugged.

I counted down from ten and finally fell into a deep sleep.

- one day later -

I woke up and looked around, i saw it was sunrise and also saw a nurse. She looked at me and smiled and said one minute and walked out.

I saw the doctor walk in and he told me not to try and talk. I nodded and smiled, I survived Jack was right.

I miss Jack. Ill see him soon.

The doctor checked my throat and other things im not really sure what though.

The docotir smiled at me.

"Looks like everything went perfectly, your cancer free" he said excitedly.

"Oh and Rosemary the voice coach will be here in a minute to see if you can talk, stutter, or if you lost your voice." He says and smiles and says good luck.

Im so excited, my throat is a little sore from the surgery but I'm able to breath so much easier I just hope I'm able to talk.

After about five minutes I saw a young women not over 30 years old walk in, she had long blonde hair and pale skin. She looked very nice. This must be rosemary.

"Hi im rosemary santel, im the voice coach here" yup I was right.

I waved at her happily.

"So I want you to try and clear your throat, I now you are an actress so just do what you would do before a scene." She says.

I clear my throat and it doesnt hurt like it use too. There was a lot of flem though, she laughed and gave me a bucket to spit in.

"Thats good that means that you most likly can talk" oh thank goddd.

"Now I want you to try saying this sentence "Hello, My name Is Joy Grazer. I am 14 years old." Okay" rosemary says and I nod.

"H h hello my name i i us Joy Grazer. i i I a a am f f fourt t teen y years old." I stutter, oh no.

"No don't look upset the stutter might not stay and anyways stutters aren't horrible" she says smiling making me feel better. Jaeden looks really cute when he does his fake stutter.

Wait what.

Nevermind.

"Can you try saying a line from the movie maybe, it usually helps to say stuff you know well" she says.

"S s s shut u u up r richie j just because y your a virgin d doesnt mean we a all a a are" I say and laugh a little bit, so does Rosemary.

"Good job, also you know the line Bill usually says try practicing that Ill be back tomorrow ill send in your friends" She smiles.

"T t thanks" I smile

"No problem"

Oaky Joy just practice saying "he thrust his fist against the post and still insist he sees the ghost" it will be fine.

" H h he t thrusts his f f fish a against t the post and s s s still in in ins s ssit he s sees the g g ghost" Fucking hell.

After about ten minutes of practicing it was the same but I cant give up.

All of a sudden my door opens and I see Jack, Wyatt, Jae, Soph, and Finn.

"JOY" they yell and hug me.

I wave I dont want to hurt my voice.

"We missed you" soph says

"Especially jack he cried without you" soph says and jack smiles nodding.

"So how are you feeling" Jae says.

I suddenly feel embarrassed about my voice so i look at my bedside table and see a pad and paper.

I write down
'Im feeling great my voice coach came in and said im doing great'

"Thats great joy" finn says

I then write
'Oh ya and by the way Im cancer free'

I have a huge smile on my face as everyone else smiles and Jack hugs me.

"Can you talk" Wyatt asks quietly

'Yea kind of'

I say looking down.

"Well thats good" Wyatt says everyone nodding in agreement.

Everyone talked to me and I wrote back all night until I relised i had to practice.

Everyone was talking while I started talking.

"H h he thrust h h his f f f fish a against the post and s s still in insist he s s sees t the g g ghost"

"Hey stop stealing my lines" Jae says laughing, I dont think they rezed it was me trying to talk.

"I i im p p practicing" I say sadly

"Your stealing Jaes roll" Finn laughs as everyone else laughs.

"S s sshut u u up r richie just because y your a virgin d d doesnt mean w w we a all are" I say laughing thats my favorite line.

Everyone else laughs.

" You get to leave tomorrow" Jack says happily

"F f finally I i i hate h hospitals" I say

"Joy we get it you are better at stuttering than Jae" Jack says

I look down,

"I i im n not f faking i it, I i i cant t t talk" I say sadly.

"Oh shit"

"Were sorry"

"We thought you were joking around"

"G g guys i its f fine" i say happily

"I i i love you a a all"