Chapter 7: The Family Visit

Today was the day that Sarah had planned to have a get together with her family and friends for the holidays. She had invited her father, stepmother, her friend, Karissa and James and his family. James also had a little sister that Sarah knew Toby would absolutely love to play with. Sarah had all of her things she needed packed and she was ready to go. She headed out to meet Karissa.

Karissa was waiting in her car outside to pick up Sarah. She rolled down her window. "Hey Sarah! You ready?" She called out to her. "Yeah!" Sarah shouted back at her. She got in the passenger seat and they drove off to Sarah's parents' house. On the way there, they picked up some goodies. Then they were on their way.

Once they arrived, they noticed that James and his parents' car was parked in the driveway. "Looks like your boyfriend is here!" Karissa said excitedly. Sarah saw James walking out of the car, carrying several gifts. His little sister, Lilly immediately ran up to Toby and gave him a big hug. The two toddlers ran straight inside to play. Sarah and Karissa got out of the car, bringing their gifts and goodies inside. James met Sarah as she first entered. "James!" Sarah hugged him. James wrapped his arms around her in a tight hug. "Sarah!" He looked her in the eyes "It's been a long time!" He said.

"It really has been! I've missed you, James." Sarah said. James smiled and pulled out a small box for Sarah. Sarah looked up at him. "Another gift?" She smiled. "Oh but this one is very special." He winked. Sarah giggled and opened it up. It was what looked to be a small snow globe charm with glitter in it. Sarah took a closer look inside the globe and saw "S" her first initial. "Oh its beautiful! Thank you!" Sarah told James. James took a silver chain that came along with it, put the chain through the tiny glitter globe and put it around Sarah's neck. "Ah! Beautiful." He said. Sarah smiled and giggled once again as she gave him a quick kiss.

Just then, Toby came running up to Sarah. He jumped into her "Sarah!" He jumped right into her arms. Sarah picked Toby up, hugged him and twirled him around. "Oh I've missed you Toby!" She said to him, kissing the top of his head. Toby giggled.

"Sarah! You're here!" Her father shouted to her. "Dad!" Sarah ran up to him and gave him the biggest hug. "We've missed you, sweatheart." Her dad said to her. "I've missed you too, Dad." Sarah told him. Her sepmother came up to her and gave her a big hug as well. "So how are things down at the campus?" She asked. "Pretty good. It is actually a very fancy campus." Sarah said. "It is large and very decorative. The things we learn there are pretty interesting." She added. "That's wonderful!" Her stepmother said. "We might let Toby visit you down there sometime. If you don't mind." She told her. "I would love that!" Sarah said excitedly.

Just then, James' parents came up to greet Sarah. "Miss Williams, it's a pleasure meeting you once again." James' mother said to her, respecting her highly. Sarah looked up at the elegant woman and smiled. "Please, call me Sarah." She told her. "Alright, Sarah." The woman said as she smiled at her. The two shook hands.

After everyone was settled, they all sat and chatted for a while. Toby and Lilly had fun decorating the Christmas tree together and putting ornaments on it. Sarah, Karissa, and James also helped out with the Christmas tree, decorations outside, and hanging up Christmas lights. After that was done, everyone was snuggled up and had a movie marathon.

Once it was getting late, everyone was getting reasy to leave. They thanked Sarah's parents for letting them stay. "Thank you all for comming! It was fun having you!" Her stepmother said. Sarah and Karissa were going to head back to the campus. "Bye!" They both shouted. Sarah's parents waved. "Goodbye, sweetie! Have a safe trip back!"

Karissa and Sarah drove off. "Woo! That was fun!" Karissa said looking over at Sarah. "Yeah! It really was." Sarah agreed. "Your family is awesome." Karissa told her. Sarah giggled. "Thank you. And tell your parents that I say thank you for letting you come." Sarah told her as she got out of the car. "Alrighty. I will. Thanks, Sarah!" Karissa said. "Goodnight, Karissa." Sarah said. "Goodnight." Karissa replied as she drove off.

Sarah finally made it back to her room. She looked around. "I guess I can start decorating this place tomorrow." She thought. She took off her jacket, shoes, changed, showered and got into bed. She smiled when she noticed she was still wearing the charm that James had given her, then she dozed off to sleep.

A/N: Thank you all for sticking with the story! In the next chapter, Jareth and Sarah meet again! Some interesting things happen!