Jane, Kate and Michael-Parental Venting

(Wooo another non-shipping chapter! :D )

Jane and Kate sat at Jane's kitchen table, sipping coffee. They had been meeting up like this once a week for a while now, meeting up on days where Ted and Chris would be at work, and Aiden would be at school. Usually they would gossip about random subjects or vent, and Today the subject was their kids.

"It's so hard with him, you know? I mean, have you seen the way he glares at everyone?"

"Of course I have."

"Exactly, and, I used to be the carefree type of mom..Chris was such a good kid, he never got into trouble or anything. Not like Aiden, though. I actually had to pick up the strict mom type with him after a while, he was just so bad. He still is."

Jane nodded. "Ted wasn't ever a trouble maker either, I can't imagine what it's like having a kid like Aiden. No offense."

"No, I get it. I feel that way with Ted too, with him being so depressed."

"Well-"

Michael walked in, filling a mug with coffee from the pot on the table. "Good morning ladies, what's the subject of today?"

"Our kids." Kate took a sip of her coffee, and Michael sat down next to Jane.

"Are we comparing them? Competing?? Talking about their emo phases??"

Kate's eyes widened. "Oh my gosh, Chris' emo phase was the worst. Do you have any idea how much black eyeliner I cleaned off the bathroom counters, not to mention the sink, when he was going through that phase?"

Michael chuckled. "There it is."

"I don't even think Ted's out of his emo phase," Jane commented. "He still wears that red eyeliner, and he wears so much black."

"All the kids wear black." Michael sipped his coffee.

"Hm..well, true." Jane shrugged.

"Really though, do they all buy their jeans at the same place?? They all have black jeans!"

Jane sighed. "I don't know Michael, maybe, it's a high probability."

"Maybe they had a three for one sale at the mall." Michael took another sip of coffee.

"If that was the case, they'd definitely fight over who had to pay." Kate chuckled.

Jane smiled. "Chris would probably end up paying."

"And Aiden and Ted would still be bickering as they left the store." Kate grinned, and they all laughed.

Michael raised an eyebrow. "Really, though, what's with Ted and Aiden? Why do they hate each other so much?"

Kate tapped her chin. "I think that Aiden really judged him when they first met, and they got off on the wrong foot, and it just never worked out."

"That's a shame. They really could get along, if they were nice to each other," Jane commented.

Kate nodded. "Aiden just can't be nice."

Michael shrugged. "He can if you punish him enough."

Kate frowned. "Michael, no."

"Michael yes."

Jane gaped at him. "Michael, no."

"Do you seriously think I'm gonna punish someone else's kid for not being nice?"

Jane stared at him, raising an eyebrow.

"Okay, yeah, maybe I'd do that, but not with Aiden. He's scary."

Kate laughed. "What?"

"The way he glares at you..he just like, stares into your soul. So, maybe not scary, but intimidating."

"Wow. A 6'2 middle aged man is afraid of a four foot twelve year old."

"Are you seriously making fun of your own son's height?" Jane chuckled.

"Maybe.." They all laughed again.