Happy New Year! Part One

I'd finally convinced my mom to let me go to Chandler's New Years Eve party, since everyone was sixteen so we could all drive. Marcus offered to take Troy and I to the party and after some convincing, our parents determined that we had to be home no later than one.

We were supposed to look relatively nice, Ruth and Lauren were going with the speech and debate team so the four of us wouldn't be able to walk in together. But we'd agreed to meet up there later. As for us three, Marcus had plans in hopes to hit it off with Andrea tonight at the party and Troy was hoping to talk to Anna. As for me, I was likely going to have a drink, hopefully run into Lauren and Ruth and Uber home as soon as possible. Parties just weren't really my thing mostly because I hated being around that many people.

I wore a white shirt, jeans and a black bomber jacket. I figured it wasn't too classy or to informal, and if I didn't need the jacket I would still look casual anyway. Lena was having a field day with me trying to get me to wear something nice. And even though Lena was in seventh grade, she had an eye for clothing and style.

While I waited in the kitchen until six thirty, my mom took tons of pictures, which unnecessary but I suffered through it. Five minutes later, I heard Marcus honk the horn from outside, I said goodbye to my siblings then my dad pulled me aside in the mud room.

"Listen son, I want you to have fun and all, I want you to be careful okay? Don't do anything you'll regret ok?" His sea green eyes were firm with worry woven into them.

"Don't worry about me dad, I just have to be smarter than everyone else, it's just like school. Don't drink anything I'm not comfortable with and don't do or say anything stupid. I know, you don't need to worry about me, it's the others you'll have to worry about." I bumped his shoulder.

"I know, I know. You're a good kid, just wanted to remind you. Now go have fun, be back by one. No later." My dad ruffled my hair.

"Thanks dad, I'll see you tomorrow, happy New Year." I smiled gratefully at him.

"Happy New Year son, go on and have fun." My dad gave me a quick hug before I marched out the door to meet Troy and Marcus in his mother's mini van.

"Marcus, why are you driving a minivan? We'll be the laughing stock of the party." I snickered as I shut the car door behind me.

"That's what I said," Troy elbowed Marcus.

"Listen, I already told you once, and I'm not saying it again after this. My dad wouldn't let me take his Camry cause he has a meeting. This was the only option or have my mom drive, I figured this would be less humiliating." Marcus groaned.

"Yeah, at least we can park far away and hide this." I mentioned.

"So, I heard Andrea brought the entire cheer squad. The Snapchat stories are blowing up, this is gonna be the best one yet." Marcus grinned mischievously.

"Well Anna Prescott brought the team there, I need to figure out how to single her out." Troy said, meeting my eyes in the rear view mirror.

"What happened to bros before hoes?" I asked jokingly.

"Welcome to high school parties Luke, it's all about flirting and dancing with girls. Loosen up a bit, and remember except for Marcus; we, Luke Jackson, can get any girl we want." Troy whooped.

"Troy you ass, I can get anyone I want. Anyways, Luke, you have to butter Andrea up for me, it's the only way I'll get a shot with her." Marcus was practically drooling at the wheel when he spoke Andrea's name.

"If you want her you get her. I can't stand that girl. She's so clingy it makes me nauseous just thinking about her." I never liked Andrea to begin with, She was too pouty and whiny and it was obvious that she was fake nice to everyone she met.