The Devil Sent From Hades Himself Strikes

It was April, I had two months left of high school, prom was next month and I was actually going to ask Lauren to prom this year. I'd gotten into MIT, Lauren was going to Harvard, we weren't going to be separated after high school, everything was going perfectly. For the first time in a long time, things were crystal clear and looking up for the future. Absolutely nothing could go wrong.

Until I stabbed my best friend in the back.

Not literally of course.

It happened The was the Friday the thirteenth, the second week of April. I've heard all the rumors about this day being cursed but I've never believed them.

I do now.

---

The bell rang, and I leaped out of my seat and ran down the hall in pursuit of my locker. Sixth period was finally finished the day was over, marking the start of my weekend! I passed by Troy and Ruth who were making out by his locker, their one year anniversary was coming up and over the last few weeks, they'd been getting a lot more physical.

Now Marcus, Lauren and I couldn't help but tease them. They were both acting very out of character and I'm pretty sure everyone else in our group didn't like their sudden change.

I walked by Marcus' locker, "hey man, where are you off to?" I gave him a high five.

"Hey Luke, gotta get home, mom caught me sneaking out last weekend to see Mara Griffin, I'm grounded outside of school, it sucks."

"Well don't sneak out, that's the simple solution." I gave him a smart remark.

"Dude, trouble is my middle name and Mara is hot volleyball player, and a half blood and she can't resist me. We both have so much in common. Gotta stick to my A-game." Marcus answered with a dumb grin on his face.

"She's a half blood? Oh, that's right, she's an Ares daughter. Well, have fun at home, I'm meeting up with Lauren after school, you know she hates to be late." I smiled thinking of the look on Lauren's face as I came over to her a few minutes late. I could see the glint of a smile in her eyes hidden well behind an annoyed look. I would say something witty and she would fight the smile tugging at her cute, little lips but she would give in and laugh. Then I'd lace my fingers through hers and kiss her.

"Luke...Earth to Luke...get out of Lauren land." Marcus waved his hand in front of my face.

I shook my head, startled from my daze. "Oh, sorry Marcus, I uh, gotta go. Shoot me a text when you get bored." I gave him another fist bump.

"I'll text you the second I get home, just swear to me that you two won't become—" Marcus turned towards Troy and Ruth kissing aggressively down the hall, "that." Marcus shuddered.

"I can promise you that won't happen, that's something they should do behind closed doors." I gagged.

"Thank the gods you haven't changed, see you later man." Marcus patted my shoulder and strutted confidently down the hallway. I turned towards my locker and my pulse accelerated thinking about Lauren. I though about her sweet smile and the rosemary mint scent of her wild, curly brown hair. Those beautiful green and brown eyes holding mine. I was grinning like a lovesick idiot but I didn't care. I was happy and I still couldn't believe I was finally dating Lauren Winters. I loved everything about her, anything she did made me happy, just thinking about her made me giddy inside.

I opened my red locker door, placed my textbooks and notebooks neatly inside before slamming it shut. As I turned towards the direction of Lauren's locker, a girl was blocking my view, and this girl wasn't Lauren or Ruth. "Hi Lukey," the girl's voice was high pitched.