Confessions

A/N: hey so this is Ruth's POV this is after she runs out of the gym after telling the whole school he loves Troy. If you didn't read the previous chapter you probably should. Enjoy.

Ruth's POV

The whole school was staring at me, the gym was silent, my vision was fuzzy. What was I thinking? What had I just done? I literally just told the whole school that I loved Troy and now Anna and I were waiting for him to respond to the spectacle I'd created.

I hadn't meant to do it, not tonight and dump my feelings for the guy I've been crushing on since I was seven. If I was lucky, they would've been buried deep down inside me and never be surfaced. I probably would've gone my whole life harboring them inside me until I died because I never wanted the truth to get out.

But now here we were and the whole school knew. Gods I was such an idiot.

Anna was right. Troy only saw me as a sister and nothing more than that. I'd humiliated him and myself tonight and I couldn't take it anymore. I felt like I was suffocating under the pressure of everyone's eyes on me and I had to get out of here.

I turned around and sprinted out of the gym. My heart racing as tears poured down my face as I shoved people out of the way and bolted out the doors. I knew going to prom was dumb idea, I should've listened to Lauren, she was right, as usual.

The chilled night air sent goosebumps crawling up my skin, my black heels made it increasingly more difficult to run. In frustration, I kicked them off and ran down the sidewalk in my bare feet, not giving a damn if my feet were to get frost bitten. I just wanted to go home, curl up on the couch in my fuzzy pajamas, my big fuzzy socks and watch a movie that would make me cry while I ate my feelings in ice cream. I wanted to see my mom, Rachel, and have her hug me and tell me that everything's gonna be alright. That he was just a stupid, dumb boy who missed out on having me in his life.

The moon shone brightly overhead as I reached the parking lot. "Ruth!" I heard someone shout, it was a deeper voice that only triggered more tears. I took off running again, I didn't want to see him or anyone else except my mom.

"Ruth stop! We need to talk!" My feet suddenly became two cement bricks. I cursed in Greek for my stupid feelings. I was an idiot and I'd probably ruined Troy's life for the rest of high school.

I felt a cold hand touch my exposed shoulder, I shook it off, "we don't need to talk about anything, Troy. Just leave me alone." I wiped the tears away and tried to run off again but Troy gripped my arm tightly, preventing me from any chance of escape.

"I think we need to, what was that back there?" Troy's voice softened, I could feel his crystal blue eyes on me.

"I don't know ok? I just knew there was something wrong with her and I was right. She only used you for popularity and she doesn't care about you half as much as you care about her. But you were too blind to see it and I should've just kept my mouth shut. Are we done here?" My voice cracked.

"No, we're not done." He grumbled firmly and his grip on my arm tightened and he shut his eyes and took a deep breath before loosening his grip and relaxing his tense posture. "But as usual, you were right and you saved my ass. I should be the one apologizing, thinking about it now, I don't remember her being very nice to you."

I rolled my eyes scoffed, "no shit Sherlock."

"Ruth, just lower you're defenses for one second okay? I'm trying to apologize to you and I need you to know that I'm sorry I wasn't thinking straight and let Anna treat you that way." He paused and collected himself before asking nervously, "but I need to know something...did you mean that? All those things back there?" Troy let go of my arm and our hands intertwined. His blue eyes held mine, his brown hair was swept to the right of his face. For a moment I couldn't control my thoughts about how cute he was but I dismissed the thought. I had to stop myself from thinking he was cute, I didn't want to change anything between us. I liked the friendship we had.