1.04

It's been three days since we were at the agency and I am still a little nervous about raising a little girl. I have to learn about her.. what she likes, doesn't like, her nap schedule, bedtime, everything and adjust some things.

First things first, is this whole pampers situation. I don't know her age yet, the doctor's appointment is tomorrow but I'm assuming she's roughly 2 years old and that's too old for pampers in my book.

I also had to go shopping for her size, because my niece only had a small selection of stuff that would fit her. It's not much right now, but its something to work with for the weather right in between summer and fall. That chilly, but still kind of hot feel.

Today, we're just going to focus on her speech. She is quite comfortable with pointing to things and only saying her name, my name, Tamar's and the dog's names, and of course, pancakes. I'm hoping we could get bigger words and actual sentence down soon.

Another thing going on today, my Mom is coming over. Tamar blabbed and told my Mother that I am fostering Arion and my Mother insisted on coming over to see Arion with her own eyes.

As I sat at my desk in my home office, I heard little knocks at the door. We have been working on politeness and manners too. "Yes, Arion?" I heard her little feet squish on the floor.

For a little girl, her feet sweat and stink like a grown mans. Hence the squishing.

"Toni. Pancakes," she somewhat asked. I shook my head no before explaining to her pancakes are for the morning.

"What about a sandwich and chips? Yes?" I suggested. "San-wich. Chips," she repeated.

I smiled and got up to go make her some food. She watched closely as I made the sandwich and poured the chips in the empty space beside the sandwich. I gave her the plate and she sat at the table with it.

She bit into it and looked satisfied with my ham and cheese sandwich. "Okay, Arion. My mom is coming today, which means we can have a little fun but right after we have to get back to practicing our big words and sentences. Can you remember one?" I asked. I am hoping everything I'm teaching her is worth it.

"Good Morning. Good night. Hello. Please," she said with a stuffed mouth.

"That's not little ladylike. Chew your food then talk," I told her. She raised her eyebrow at me.

I assume her was confused by what I meant. I bit into her sandwich and showed her to chew, then I spoke to her. After, she copied me and then said, "Okay."

As much as she may be shy, she definitely is not stupid. She picks up everything quickly. As I taught her more, the doorbell rung. "What do you say when my mom comes in?" I asked her real quick before getting the door.

"Good Ashynoon," she said. I giggled and okayed her because it sounded cute and could lighten the mood if needed.

"Hey, Mommy," I said opening the door. She stepped into and hugged me. "So, where is this Ariah?" She asked.

I don't know why but the mispronunciation ticked me off. "Her name is Arion, Mommy," I said as I guided her to where Arion was finishing her chips, now on the couch.

 "Her name is Arion, Mommy," I said as I guided her to where Arion was finishing her chips, now on the couch

"Excuse me, no eating over there," I said pointing to the table. She picked up her plate and sat back at the table. "Toni. TV. Elmo," she started to beg.

"Arion, what do you say to my mother?" I asked her seeing as she forgot, or simply didn't want to. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"Excuse me?" I said starting to raise my voice. She looked like she was about to cry and I don't need this kind of first impression with my Mom here.

"Arion, say good afternoon, put your plate in the sink, then time out," I sternly demanded. That's when the waterworks started. "Mom, I'm sorry, she was fine just before you came. May I?" I excused myself and took a kicking, crying Arion upstairs.

"What happened?" I asked after sitting her in the time out corner. She pointed to my mouth than her ears. "Loud," she mumbled with her back faced to me.

"I got loud because you were not polite. I'll try not to get loud again, but you have to be nice. In ten minutes, you will come downstairs and say good afternoon. Okay?"

She nodded and I left her upstairs before joining my mother.

"She has a temper," my mom said as I entered the kitchen. I poured a glass of wine and sat beside her. "Not usually, only once, maybe twice a day. And it's usually when I get tough on her," I said sipping my wine.

"She actually reminded me of you for a minute. You used to yell and scream if I didn't let you watch Barney. Overall, I like her, she's cute and knows what she wants. I like seeing you play Mommy too. You're a natural."

"Helping you raise all them kids paid off I guess. Plus, she's an easy one. The complete opposite of Tamar," I laughed.

"Oh she's definitely an easy one then," my mother said before we before laughed hysterically.

"Excuse me," we heard before looking towards the kitchen doorway. Arion was standing there and I checked the clock... It'd been actually ten minutes.

Can she read time? If not, how did she know her time was up. Maybe she just guessed, no biggie.

"Yes, Arion?" My mother answered.

"Good A-Ashynoon," Arion stumbled thinking how to pronounce it.

My mother laughed and I think she fell in love with Arion right then and there. "Good Afternoon, to you as well," my mom said.

So Toni's mother approves, next...
Stay tuned😉💛