1.16

"Thank you guys!!" I said as I walked off stage.

I was three weeks into my promotion tour and had just finished my meet and greet in Raleigh, North Carolina.

I plopped on the couch in my room backstage and couldn't be more relieved. It'd been the worst week as of yet. I was fighting strep throat, Arion had the stomach flu, and Mommy had to go back home because of a previous commitment.

Luckily, Ari hadn't had anymore of those crazy dreams or anything since the night with the envelope. I got my P.I. on it and he's looking for every detail on Arion's past so any day now, he should be getting back to me.

"You okay?" Kenny asked me.

I raised my face off the pillow intending to answer his question, but I felt the urge to vomit. As I literally had my organs fighting their way out of my body, I heard Kenny chuckle. "I told you, you were gonna regret eating that crazy stuff Arion made you last night," he laughed.

Kenny had been with us since Mommy left, he basically insisted just to make sure me and Arion were okay.

It's sweet and he's really good with Ari but it's also overwhelming. There's a lot of feelings between us that I could not come to terms with.

He came into the bathroom and held my hair as I proceeded to release the little that was left in my stomach. I grabbed some toilet paper to wipe my mouth and sat back against the wall.

"Yeah, well, I wasn't expecting it to revisit." I lightly chuckled. We sat on the floor before my manager came in and gave me the okay to leave. Kenny helped me up and we gathered all our stuff before leaving.

"Who's picking up Arion?" he asked on our way out. I shrugged and got into the SUV. I laid my head on his shoulder before drifting off into a light sleep. I could hear everything but I still felt like I was out.

When we reached the hotel, I was woken up by screaming fans everywhere. We couldn't get to the gate so I had to go through the front, which normally was not the safest.

I put on my best "I'm not sick" face and hopped out the SUV behind Kenny.

I signed a few autographs and took a few pictures with fans before going inside. "We love you!" someone shouted before I got on the elevator.

My manager spoke the entire ride up as Kenny and I rolled our eyes at her. Finally, we got to my floor and left my manager behind on the elevator.

"Momma!" I heard coming from the living room. I walked in and saw her crying on the couch. I sat to next her and felt her forehead. "Her fever went up," the babysitter said. "Stomach flu and high fever. I think this calls for a hospital trip."

At the sound of the word hospital, she started to crying more. Kenny decided to show her some dumb movie and it scared her of hospitals.

I thanked the babysitter for her help today and dismissed her for the day.

I picked her up and let her fall asleep on my shoulder. "Kenny, would you mind taking us to the medical place after she wakes up. I don't wanna over exaggerate, so after her nap, I'll check her again and see if we have to go. Is that okay?" I asked him.

He nodded as he chugged down a beer.

I laid her down in her room and joined Kenny back out in the kitchen. "Thanks for staying with us, by the way. I know it's kind of weird, some what raising her and all, but I appreciate it," I kissed his cheek before realizing how beautiful his chocolate eyes were. "It's really been nothing. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else," he said staring into my eyes.

Before I knew it, we were in an intense make out. His lips tasted better than they looked, not like I was ever staring, though.

My hands found their way around his neck and wrapped themselves quite comfortably. We could've gone all day, but Arion started to cry. We were both fairly in shock that that'd just happen.

I got up and headed towards Arion's room. "What's wrong, babygirl?" I asked sitting next her bed. She turned over and rubbed her belly.

"It hurts, Momma. I'm cold," she whined. I felt her head and it was hotter than it was before. "Okay, let's go to the park, you like that idea?" She cracked a smile so I guess she agreed.

I changed her into a sweatsuit and told Kenny we were going to the hospital. I am genuinely scared of what is going on with Ari, she hasn't been this sick in about two months during her dehydration scare.

I called Tamar and asked her to fly out to help out. Kenny was great, but I needed someone who could read my mind and since Mommy was gone, Tamar was my second go-to.

I finished changing into something more comfortable before we head out to the hospital.

Thanks for reading 😘