1.28

I walked back out the elevator with Arion in my arms. As her mother, I could tell she was worn out and weak. She needed a bubble bath, some soup, and a long ass nap. As did I.

As I walked the halls, those beasts were scattered everywhere. Dead and dried out. All I could think of was finding those girls and Kenny.

I searched the entire floor and the two under it, they were nowhere to be found. I didn't want to panic but I needed Kenny. After the trauma of all of this, I couldn't make it without him.

"Toni!"

I turned around just as I walked off the elevator. "Kenny. Oh my." I sped walk towards him and hugged the daylights out of him. "Baby, I love you so so much," I cried in chest. He rubbed down my back and just let me cry. It was needed.

"How is she?" he asked taking Arion from my arms and into his own. He laid her head against his shoulder and kissed her cheek.

"She's fine. Just weak and tired. Some food and some rest will do her fine," I answered. I hugged him and stayed there. It was such a perfect family moment. I let go and gasped, "Where's the girls?" I started looking around for them and I saw Poet at the end of the hallway. Before I could run to her, Kenny held onto my waist.

"Toni, before you go any further," he said. By the tone of his voice, tears were already brimming my eyes. "Please don't tell me what I think you're about to tell me, Ken."

"I'm sorry, we couldn't do anything," he said.

I pushed his arms off of me and ran to Poet. I pulled her into a hug and checked her all over. "Are you okay? Where's Octavia and the others?" I asked.

She looked defeated. Terribly. "I-In there," she said with her head down. I kissed her head and went inside the room she pointed to.

Octavia was in the bed, barely alive. I didn't mean to scream, but there was no other reaction. "Honey, are you okay?" I asked sitting on the bed with her. She was bleeding from her stomach and everywhere was covered in her blood.

"Did someone apply pressure? Did someone call the police or an ambulance?"

"T-Toni. I'm okay," she stuttered. Death was seconds away from taking her.

"Octavia, I wanted to take you with me. I wanted to make you apart of my family. I'm so sorry," I cried while applying pressure to her wound. She deserved so much more than this.

I didn't know why I felt so connected to her, but I did. "Nobody can do anything?" I cried asking the other girls. Blue rose her hand, "I can close the wound but she's still bleed out inside. The most I can do is that though, and even with that, she'll only live an extra few minutes."

I shook my head, "No, no. There has to be more. We can't lose her, she's too young."

Kenny came up to me and pulled me into a hug. "I get it, but we have to let her go," he said as I cried into his chest. "Say bye."

I looked back at Octavia and placed my hand on the side of her face. "I love you so much. I don't know if you have a mother of your own that you know, or if you've ever felt a mother's love, but this is it. I love you, honey. Promise you'll be with us."

Tears came to her eyes, "I-I promise. Tell Arion I said I'm proud, a-and I love her. I love you, too. T-Thank you." Her eyes started fluttering as I watched her fight death. I kissed her forehead and felt her take her last breath.

I took a deep breath and covered her body. She didn't deserve this. "How did this happen?" I asked.

"The beast. It got her and we were so far behind her, we were too late," Kenny said. I darted my eyes towards him and mentally began to cuss him out. He was so reckless, but then again, I couldn't blame him for something out of his control.