1.23

We all sat around the table staring at the paper. This wasn't the birth certificate the agency issued after I found Arion. This one was issued 3 years ago.

"So, she's three year old and her name is Ariah. Not Arion," Towanda said breaking the ice-like tension. I guess, at first, Arion's a's looked like o's and the stems of her h's were too short.

I had my head in my hands as Kenny rubbed up and down my back. He eventually came downstairs, but nobody cared because we were all shaken up.

"So nobody was at the door?" He asked before Tamar shook her head no. This is such a fucking mess and this doesn't calm my nervous about those people taking Arion.

"Toni?" I heard Arion call me.

She hadn't called me Toni in months, so I was surprised. Everyone looked between me and her as she stood there quietly.

"I'm sorry, Toni. I know who," she spoke.

My eyebrows raised and I stood up. "Sweetheart, what are you talking about? You know who left the envelope?"

She nodded her head and let a tear fall from her eye. "Poppa. Poppa left the paper. Poppa mad and Poppa have bad men. Poppa have scary dogs," she said getting nervous.

I didn't care if she knew or not, I needed to know more.

I ran into the living room and searched through my purse for the paper that nurse gave me when I first took her to the doctor. "Come on, we're leaving," I said to everyone. They all gave me confused looks and starting questioning me.

"I said we're fucking leaving! I'm not letting those grown ass men take my daughter! She is my daughter and I will do whatever it takes to keep her!" I yelled with tears flowing from my eyes.

I picked up Ari and headed out the door.

"Momma, I'm sorry," she said with her face in my neck. "It's okay, baby. We'll figure this out, you are gonna stay with me. Your Poppa won't get you," I said as I buckled her in her carseat.

"He's coming, Momma. He's coming," she said before her eyes rolled to the back of her head. She was having one of those daydreams or nightmares or whatever they are at this point. "Fucking shit. Kenny, guys, if you ar–"

"We're coming, Tone. Calm down," Kenny said. He came out the house and my sisters followed him. "We were convincing Miss E and Tamar to stay and come up with a lie for when the social worker comes for Arion.. or Ariah," he said getting in the car.

"Her name isn't Ariah. It's been Arion from the jump, and that's not changing," I said as I backed out the driveway.

"Who's the doctor here?" I yelled running into the hospital with Arion in my hands and Kenny and my sisters behind me. A nurse came up to us and tried to lay Arion down on the gurney but this wasn't that kind of situation.

"No! I need to see Doctor.. uhm.. Doctor Owens!" I ordered. Just as I said his name, he came running around the corner. "Miss Braxton, yes?" he asked coming to a stop. I nodded my head and he motioned us to follow him.

We ran for what felt like hours to an area that that was secured and guarded by security. "I've been waiting for you. You guys are on very thin ice right now, lay her down," he said as he cleared the room of nurses, except two male ones.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused. "Your daughter is very special. She isn't like the rest of us," he said hooking wires to her body. "She sees things that come from weird places. She has visions that are more so telling the future and the unseen, rather than.. um, dreams let's say," he added.

I looked at Kenny, who like myself, was confused beyond measures. "What are you saying?"

"Your daughter has powers," he said. I laughed at the foolishness that he said. A child having powers?

"You're joking? She's damn near dead and you're fucking joking?" I yelled growing angry. Kenny held my waist knowing I was about to blow my top.

"Miss Braxton, by no means, am I joking in any manner! Your daughter has psychokinetic and telepathic abilities!" he yelled back.

"What?" Kenny and I both said.

😎😜😏
Thanks for reading!