1.05

"Okay, Ms. Braxton, you have a one year old who's about to hit two.. or she might've just turned two. With no records, we'll assume she's two," the doctor said. I nodded and smiled at Arion who was smiling at me already.

Week two and I am enjoying this motherly act. Arion is the sweetest little girl and she is smart as hell. She always wants to help and learn something, I couldn't ask for a better kid to take care of.

"So with being two, comes the two year old shots and checkup," the doctor stated. I could already tell this wasn't going to be cute. "If you don't mind, Ms. Braxton," she said leaving along with her assistant nurse.

I've been with my niece to these appointments so I knew what to do. I took off Arion's clothes and threw them on her bag. She pointed at the Disney princess themed room in awe. "Toni, I want," she said.

At the house, she doesn't really have a permanent room, she sometimes sleeps with me or in the guest room, but usually ends up with me in the morning anyway.

If I have her long enough to even decorate a room for her then maybe we'll do the whole princess thing. "I'll think about it." I told her.

The doctor came back and began the check up. He checked her ears, eyes, heart rate, and all that other stuff. "Everything seems good, time for the shots," the doctor said as the nurse got the needles ready. Arion looked up at me and I faked a smile knowing she was about to ball her eyes out.

"Arion, can you look at..." She paused and looked at me. I assume she was confused on what Arion calls me. "Toni. She calls me Toni," I confirmed her suspicion.

"Right, look at Toni and you are going to feel three small pinches." Arion looked my way as the the doctor inserted the first shot in her arm. The smile on her face died and her eyes became a runny faucet.

She cried reaching for me to pick her up. I couldn't because she had two more shots but I wanted to so badly. The doctor did the second shot on the other arm and the third under that one. I scooped up that little girl so quickly and didn't let go. My heart ached knowing she was in pain.

"We are done. Sorry for hurting you, Arion. Here's a lollipop," the doctor said. Before she exited, I had to ask, "The squishy feet thing?"

"She's well-hydrated. Must've taken a lot of baths wherever she was," she answered.

before exiting. The nurse had some information to tell me. "Ms. Braxton, we recommend you get some test done on her. We don't often deal with foster kids, but when we do, we send them to special doctors as well just so you know more than the average parent.. or in your case, guardian." She handed me a card and then left the room.

I dressed Arion back in her clothes then we got back in the car and drove home. I tend to play little games in the car with her like I Spy just so she can learn more about her colors, shapes, and the names of things. She's pretty good but its not a curse to get better.

We made it home and she instantly went to play with Marty and Sammy as I whipped up something for us to eat

We made it home and she instantly went to play with Marty and Sammy as I whipped up something for us to eat. I decided on chicken soup since it was a chilly day. As I stirred the pot, I got a phone call from my friend, Kenny.

 As I stirred the pot, I got a phone call from my friend, Kenny

sammy and marty

"Hey Tone. I was wondering if you were cooking up anything good. I'm starving and tired of takeout." I laughed and told him I was making some soup.

He doesn't know about Arion, so I left that minor detail out. "Great, I'll stop by and get some, if you don't mind," He said.

Just as the phone disconnected, Arion came running in. "Toni! Toni! Come look," she said as dragged my hand. She took me to my room. "Lady," she said pointing at the princess she drew on the damn wall.

"No, Arion! You can't draw on the wall, sweetheart," I said going to get an eraser.

"I sorry... Question," she apologized then somewhat asked. "What, honey?" I barely was paying attention to her while still erasing the drawing.

"Ladies. I want, please," she again, somewhat asked. Her questions are more so demands, but she didn't quite understand how to change her tone of voice which isn't surprising. She's very young.

"They are called princesses and if you promise not to draw on the walls, yes. Promise?" I said finishing erasing and facing her with my pinky out.

"Promise?" She finally questioned with the proper tone. "Promise means you mean it and won't go back on your word." She smiled at my definition and locked my pinky with hers. "Promise."

She described what kind of princesses she wanted but was cut off when the doorbell rung. "Door. Toni. Come," she said running to the door. I got the soup and met Arion at the door. She was very excited for who would be behind.

I opened it and there was Kenny. "Hey Toni, who's this?" he asked kneeling down to Arion, who was now hiding behind my leg.

"This is Arion. Here's your soup," I said.

I didn't really want to explain this whole situation, so I gave him his soup, hugged him and kicked his ass out. "Let's go eat, Ari," I said holding her hand walking towards the kitchen.

Y'all think Toni getting attached?
Stay tuned for updatessss💚