1.06

After some time, I decided it was time to go back to work. Being with Arion is fun; coloring all day, teaching her words, showing her how to use her manners, etc. However, I have to be able to pay for another person.

My mother is coming over to watch her while I'm gone. My gut doesn't feel right leaving her but I have to do what I think is best, which is working and getting paid in order to take care of her.

"Ari! Come eat, please," I shouted from the foyer.

She ran down the stairs with her little, fat feet squishing on the marble stairs. She ran past me into the kitchen and began eating her pancakes and sausages.

She noticed me dressed in my jeans, and I usually wear sweats or leggings around the house. "You leaving?" she asked while stuffing her mouth.

I told her to chew her food then ask again. She did as told and asked me again.

"Yes, I have to go work. But Miss E is going to come over and watch you. Is that okay?" She nodded and stood on chair. "Here," she said.

I walked up towards her and stood face to face with her. She played in my curls; pulling them and bouncing them.

She didn't mess it up, thank God. She grabbed my cheeks and kissed my forehead. "Better," she giggled.

I laughed at how she was acting like me when I do her hair. "Thank you, sweets." I helped her sit and let her finish her food.

The door bell rang as I washed my plate off. I dried off my hands and opened the door for my mother."Ready to babysit my little monster?" I asked her laughing a little.

"Yours?" She questioned. I ignored her question because I didn't mean it. Well, I meant it but not in the way she took it. Not mine, just in my care.

"Okay. Well she's finishing her breakfast." I said as we walked into the kitchen. "Good morning, Miss E," Ari said smiling and waving. My mother waved back and sat at the island bar chairs.

"You have my number in case anything goes wrong. Ari, I'm leaving now. Please be good for Miss E." I kissed the side of her head.

"Coming home?" she asked getting a little teary eyed.

I picked her up and gave her a big hug. "I'm definitely coming home. I promise," I whispered to her. I kissed her cheek before setting her down, hugging my mother, and leaving to go to work.

I drove about thirty minutes to L.A. Records, where my third studio album, Secrets, was in process of recording. Taking off the the time I did for Arion was risky considering the label wanted the album done in less than ten day's time.

There was also my promotion tour in the same week. As well as my actual tour for the album a month after the album would be released. Having Arion around was blissful, but she needed to be gone before then or all these things would change and be completely different.

There was just a lot of things that could go left if she became a factor to weigh in, things there was not enough money to prolong.

I forced myself to get out of my mind as I pulled into my parking space. I opened my door and walked in seeing my best friend, Janet, who is the receptionist. "Hey, Jan," I said as I laid my purse down for a quick conversation.

She rolled her eyes at me. I haven't spoke to anyone besides my mother and Tamar because me playing mommy wasn't worldwide news. Surprisingly, the paparazzi hadn't caught me.

"Jan. I can explain," I said. Even thought this wasn't a situation I want everyone to know, I couldn't hide it from my bestfriend and let it ruin our friendship. I went behind the desk and sat in the chair that's always there in case we eat lunch together.

I told the whole story since the night Arion showed up. She looked at me in disbelief. I showed her a picture of Arion and she was in awe. That little girl has a strong effect on everyone before they get to know her. Geesh.

"That's crazy. What are you going to do with her?" she asked.

"Keep her until someone wants her I guess. Or until the motherly act isn't fun. I don't know, to be honest," I mumbled.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. "Ah, shit," I cursed as I stood up.

"What is it?" Janet asked.

"My moms calling," I stepped outside and put her on speaker phone.

"Yes, Mom?" I said hoping there was nothing wrong. "I'm Ari, not mom." Arion giggled on the other line.

She sounded good and I could hear my mother in the background using my house phone so all was well.

"Ari, baby, what do you need? I'm working, right now."

"I see Toni in Miss E's toy and you in it." She giggled some more before hanging up. I laughed at her corny laugh with snorts and went back inside to start working.

Stay tuned😛😛