Midnight kiss (part 1)

Set in season two

Sara's eyes shot open in the darkness of the ship. She had just had the same nightmare again. The oculus exploding. Pure energy blasting out of the machine. Leonard dying..

She could still remember the taste of his lips on hers. The look in his eyes when she had pulled away. The feeling of emptiness that had moved from her stomach to her heart and stayed there. The silence of the ship. It hurt so much. She couldn't take it anymore. She couldn't eat. She couldn't sleep. Every time she would close her eyes she would see the oculus exploding.

She got up and changed into a black crop top and jeans. She walked to the jump ship and entered it. She plotted a course for Central City 2016 and landed the jump ship behind a warehouse on the edge of the city. She had no idea what she was doing. The only thing, the only thought that was in her mind was a sentence. Five words exactly. "I have to see him" over and over in her mind.

She easily unlocked the window and silently broke in. She walked through the living room. Not much in there, only a sofa, a tv, a little table and a fridge. She looked around and saw three doors. One leading to the outside, the second one was probably the bathroom and an almost imperceptible sound of breathing coming from the third one. She looked at her watch. 1am.

She opened the door and walked in. As soon as she crossed the doorframe, she felt two arms grab her and lift her off the floor. A much heavier man than pinned her onto the floor and held a gun to her head. It was very dark and she couldn't see the man's face but she knew. She knew it was him only by the way he held himself. Her breath got caught in her throat. She didn't know what to do. What to say. She managed to let out a shaky breath with the shade of a whisper in it. "Leonard.."

"Talk fast or you take a bullet!" The man said, clicking the safety off his gun. In a swift motion, Sara had thrown the gun at the other end of the room and was now sitting in front of him.

He looked at her confused and tried to get his gun but she grabbed his wrist and stopped him from getting up. "I'm not here to hurt you." She said calmly.

"Than why?" He replied coldly.

"It's complicated." She finally said "All I can tell you is that I know you. Who you really are."

"Why. Are. You. Here?!" He repeated.

"I needed to see you." She said. He stood up and kept his guard up, ready to defend himself at any moment. She got up as well and stared at him. He was there. Finally. The pale street lights outside were throwing dark shadows on his face but the icy blue of his eyes still pierced through the night and gave her shivers.

She lifted her hands and touched his chest. She could feel his heartbeat and the way he tensed at her touch but he didn't pull back.

"It's really you.." she whispered.

He looked at her confused and gently removed her hand from his chest. "Lady I think you hit your head or something." His tone was low and steady.

She looked at him and then looked down. "I'm sorry I broke in." She said.

"Don't worry about it. I do it all the time." He smirked. "Can I get you something?"

He led her to the kitchen and poured her a glass of water. "So why are you really here?" He asked again.

She took a sip and shrugged. "Like I said, I had to see you before.." she stopped herself before she said too much.

"Before what?" He asked. She looked away and put the glass down.

"I'm from the future." She finally said, which owned her a laugh.

"Yeah you definitely hit your head." She looked at him sadly.

"Believe me. Don't believe me. Doesn't matter." She shrugged.

He looked at her confused. "And you know me how?" He asked. She got up and got closer to him.

"I can't tell you that." She said, placing her hand on his cheek. He looked at her and placed his hand on hers like to signal her to remove it but she didn't get the message. All her feelings, love, grief, sadness, anger, everything was coming back so fast.

Without a second thought she rose up on the tip of her feet and placed a long and passionate kiss on his lips. He froze at first but then placed his hands on her hips and gently pushed her back.

"Are you telling the truth? You're really from the future?" He asked. His lips still burning from the kiss.

She nodded silently. "A few months from now we get recruited on a mission together. We fall in love and.. then we get separated." She could tell him anything. She would wipe his memory afterwards anyway.

He took her hand in his. "And you're here now because the me from the future is gone?" She nodded. He placed his hand on her cheek and made him look at her.

"I'm here."

She let her emotions control her again and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him down on a long kiss. This time, he kissed her back and let her approach her body to his.

This whole thing was completely crazy but he had a feeling he could trust her. He picked her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist, never breaking the kiss. She cupped his face and bit his lower lip, making him groan a little.

Her hands slid under his shirt and roamed his upper body. He walked back to his room and layed her down on his bed. She pulled him on top of her and flipped them so that he was under her. They broke their kiss for a second and stared at each other. "Just how I remember it." Sara whispered. He pulled her back down and kissed her wildly.

The next morning, Sara woke up early. She felt a warm presence beside her and looked up only to see Leonard holding her. Memories of their shared night came back to her and she smiled.

Until she realized that he could never know about this. She slide out of his arms and got dressed. When she turned back around, he was awake and staring right at her. "Going somewhere?" He asked.

She got closer to him and pulled his face to hers. "You'll see me again. I promise."

"You just won't know we've met before." She passed the white machine in front of his eyes and erased his memories of the last 12 hours. He fell back on the bed unconscious.

Sara leaned over him and planted one last kiss on his lips and walked out before tears could stream down her face.