Endless Letters for Tawny and Remus

Second Year

The day after Halloween marked an endless stream if letters arriving at the Lovegood-Lupin-Potter house. For months, what seemed like every morning, a letter from either Hogwarts, Dumbledore, or Harry was arriving by owl.

The first of the many mornings began with two letters, arriving together, both bearing the official Hogwarts Crest on the front of the envelope.

To the Parents/Guardians of the Children of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry,

On the eve of October 31st, a warning reading, "The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir, beware," was found on one of the walls on the second floor of the castle. In addition to the warning, the caretaker, Mr. Filch's, cat was found petrified at the scene. At this time, we do not know who is responsible for this incident, but we do no suspect that as student was involved. We have taken measures to ensure the depetrificaton of the cat, and are investigating who could be behind this act. As of now, we have no reason to believe that the Chamber of Secrets has been opened. If evidence proves otherwise, we shall proceed to close the school and send the students home. There is no need for panic or fear. Fear of the unknown causes only pain, and is an unnecessary grievance on the heart. We will be providing more information as soon as we can.

Assistant Headmaster, Minerva McGonagall

Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore

Ms. Lovegood and Mr. Lupin,

Do not be alarmed at the last correspondence from the school. If I believed the students of Hogwarts to be in danger I would close the school indefinitely. Harry is safe in the walls of the castle, and until proven otherwise, the school will remain open. I understand if you are worried, however, at this time I do not believe that Harry specifically has been targeted for any harm. Feel free to write me with your concerns.

Albus Dumbledore

"Dumbledore says not to worry, Tawny." Remus said, doing his best to calm her before she started freaking out over the letters.

"Was Dobby right?"

"We can't know for sure. Dumbledore doesn't seem to think so. Let's trust Dumbledore for now, okay?" Tawny nodded, and took a few deep breaths.

Later that morning when she arrived at her office, she wrote:

Harry,

Just checking in. I hope you're doing okay. Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you today. Write back soon. I want to know how the Death Day party went.

Love, Tawny

After Harry's first Quidditch match of the year, two more letters arrived together.

Tawny and Uncle Remus,

Don't panic, but I'm in the hospital wing, again. Just a little Quidditch accident involving a rogue bludger. The bludger broke my arm, but the icing on the cake was when Professor Lockhart decided to heal my arm himself. Instead of fixing the bones in my arm, he made them all disappear. Madam Pomfrey has me on a healthy dose of Skele-Gro which I have to say, has nothing on pumpkin juice. She assured me I'll be fine, which is why I'm updating you before you hear about it and fear the worst. Love you guys.

Harry

To the Parents/Guardians of POTTER, HARRY

This is formal notice that your child is being treated in the hospital wing of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry by POMFREY, POPPY