Chapter 11: Edmund and Aslan's Promise

I hope y'all enjoy this photo I edited of Hannah Monson- my face actor for Joanna- to look like a classic portrait of the WWII era!

Wow thank you ALL for 1K views! So far this is my second-most viewed story on Wattpad and I must say I am very proud of this. I also want to thank you readers who are enjoying it and have been favoriting it!

Also I do apologize for weird spelling errors, I write these on my phone in my free time and auto-correct does not do well with fantasy names. Ha.

Enjoy!

- - -

"Long live Jadis, the Queen of Narnia!"

Joanna walked up behind her friends, placing a protective arm across Edmund's chest and holding him close. He looked back up at her and smiled in surprise, she returned it with a smile of her own. He wearily turned back to stare at the Queen, who glared at him. Edmund gasped quietly and took Jo's hand, she felt his heartbeat quicken furiously.

"Aslan will take care of this," she whispered to the dark-haired boy who had tears in his eyes.

The cyclops carrying Jadis' throne set it down on the ground gently, Jadis stood and kept her eyes trained on Edmund. Joanna could see now why Edmund was so intrigued by her, she was deceptively beautiful. The woman thrust her arm forward and pointed to the younger boy, "You have a traitor in your midst, Aslan."

"His offense was not against you," Aslan responded calmly, Joanna could not understand how he was remaining tame at the moment. She herself felt as if she wanted to scream at the Witch.

"Have you forgotten the laws upon which Narnia was built?" she questioned, turning to look at the Great Lion.

"Do not cite the Deep Magic to me, Witch!" Aslan snarled, "I was there when it was written."

Jadis smiled, "Then you will remember well that every traitor belongs to me. His blood is my property!"

"Try and take him then!"

Joanna and the siblings held their breaths as Peter bravely stepped forward, sword pointed at Jadis and at the ready. The Witch merely smiled and laughed at Peter, her eyes roamed his figure. She let out another chuckle, "Do you think that mere force will deny me my right?"

Peter glared at her, lips pursed and cheeks red in anger.

Jadis smirked, "Little king,"

The oldest boy lowered his sword with a look of defeat and stepped back into line with his siblings. Edmund peered up at his brother with admiration, amazed he had the courage to challenge such a powerful being.

Peter jumped a little when Joanna's hand slid into his, but she kept her gaze forward and set on the Queen.

"Aslan knows that unless I have blood, as the law demands, all of Narnia will be overturned and perish in fire and water!" she exclaimed, glancing back to Edmund, "That boy will die on the Stone Table! As is tradition. . ."

Edmund screwed his eyes shut and shook in Joanna's hold, she pulled him tighter to him and glared at the Witch. All was silent and the entire camp watched on in fear and awe. Peter squeezed Joanna's hand and held his ground, scared for his brother.

"You dare not refuse me-"

"Enough!" Aslan roared at the Witch, "I shall talk with you alone."

Jadis nodded in surrender and sauntered over to Aslan, turning back to face the siblings once more, "Do not forget, Seer, the same Dark Magic that flows through me flows through you."