Ed & Oswald part 1

The moon was shinning bright this particular night, it was most likely my attitude though.
Even though I just got admitted into Arkham again, I couldn't wait to see Ed.
I love him. I really do. He's the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I limp into the socializing room, and scan the dirty, old room for one particular person.
I see him, sitting alone in the corner, looking at the riddles in the back of a newspaper.
I make my way over to him, and sit across from the man.

"Can I help you, Oswald?" He asks, not looking up from the riddles.

"No, but I would love to talk." I say as I prop my head on my hand.

"Okay, what about?" He says, putting down the newspaper.

"Anything." I say to him.

"Why are you in here?" He asks me, not hesitating.

"Why wouldn't I be in here? I have many reasons!" I scoff.

"Correct, Mr. Cobblepot!" He says enthusiastically.

"Why are you in here?" I ask him, trying to keep the conversation going. I just love hearing his voice.

"You know why, Oswald." He says to me, with a little humor in his beautiful voice.

"I do." I say, laughing.

"Why so happy? I know there is no reason to be joyful in this old dump." He asks, becoming serious, very suddenly.

"To be completely honest, I couldn't wait to see you. Now I have, and now I'm happy." I explain to him.

"Interesting." He says to me suspiciously.

"Not very." I say, trying to lighten the mood.

"Actually it is. Why do you like me, Oswald." He says bluntly.

I hesitate to answer, but settle on,"I have no answer."

"Exactly." Ed says to me.

...