His brother

Jerome Valeska is dead. As his lover, I can't imagine it. But I was there.

James Gordon shot him, then again, and again. He didn't kill him though. He helped, but it wasn't him.
Jerome told me he loved me, and then he let go. He fell, with a smile.
Just thinking about it makes my tea taste bitter.

Looking over Gotham from the comfort of the bay window's soft cushions, Jerome consumes my mind.
Tears stream down my face.
All of his family is dead... I'm on my own. Those cult members think they love and know him, but they don't.

I sigh, and stand up. If I'm going to do anything today, it'll be visiting his grave.
I wipe old tears off of my face as new ones appear.
That's what I'm going to do today, visit him.

I hurry to put on leggings, a sweater, and boots. I don't know why I'm in such a rush, but I am.

As I grab the keys, I head out the door.

I speed down the highway, towards the graveyard Jerome is berried in.

Parking quickly, I walk down to the spot my Jerome is.

Right there.

"Here lies Jerome Valeska, Second times the charm!"

More tears stream down my face.

I sit down onto the ground, and read it over and over again.

His voice echoing in my head. It won't stop.

His laugh, his voice, saying so many things at once.

A hand suddenly is placed on my shoulder, pushing Jerome's voice out of my mind temporarily.

I look up and see- Jerome, but with a face that's attached with no scar..

"J-Jerome?" I say shakily as I sob.

"No. His brother." He states as he sits beside me.

"Brother? Jerome had a brother?" I ask quietly, mostly to myself.

"I'm Jeremiah. You're Nichole, right?" Jeremiah says, shaking my hand.

"Yes, how did you know?" I question him.

"Jerome talked about you non stop. He told me to make sure you were protected. He may have tried to kill me, but I'll respect his request." He says with a slight smile.

"Thank you."

Sorry for the wait. Sorry for the crappy chapter. It sucks.