Chapter Four

*Luke's POV*

I've been going to Oakmont High for almost two and a half weeks now, and everyone has been pretty nice. A few of the members of the football team have been a little rude, but nothing I couldn't handle. Marlee has given up on getting me to go out with her, but she still doesn't understand why I won't even give her a chance.

At the moment, I was talking with Calum at my locker. "Dude, have you done the English homework?" he asked me. "Yeah. Why? You need to copy?" I asked him. "Yeah, if you don't mind. I was up until 2 studying for the test in Geometry and didn't have time to do it" he replied, laughing slightly. "It's so problem" I replied. Soon we got off of the topic of homework, and Calum randomly brought up the subject of crushes.

"I have my eye on this girl Lina from my PE class. What about you? Have you found any girls you like yet?" Calum asked me. I looked down, suddenly feeling queasy. "What? It's fine if you don't want to tell me. And if you don't, that's fine too." He replied. I shook my head, then looked back up at him. I laughed nervously. "I don't want to lie to you" I said, lowering my voice for only Calum to hear. I bit my lip ring nervously. "Promise you won't tell anyone?" He nodded. "Even Ash and Mikey?" He nodded again. I took a deep breath before answering. "Well...I'm not really....into girls" I said.

He looked shocked, and I shook my head in embarrassment. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said. I know it's wei-" I started, but he cut me  off. "No. No it's not weird. There's nothing wrong with that. I was just surprised. I'm glad you trusted me enough to tell me. It's just.. you really just don't seem like you're..." He trailed off. "Gay?" I finished for him. He nodded.

Just then, the quarterback of the football team, Brett, came around the corner. "Woahh, who's gay?" He asks, looking amused. "Nobody" Calum and I said at the same time. Brett crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow. "No really, who is it?" He asked again. Once again Calum and I replied together, "Nobody."

Brett rolled his eyes "Apparently someone is" He says, looking at me. My face felt hot and I knew it was visibly red. "Come on, tell me. I won't tell anyone" he said. I looked down at my feet, biting my lip ring. "Hmm...Is it you? Are you a fag, Hemmings?" He asked me. I continued looking down, too embarrassed to reply. But thankfully, Calum spoke for me. "Dude, back off. Leave him alone" he said, taking a step towards Brett.

At that moment, another member of the football team, Keith, came up behind Brett. "Hey man, coach wants to talk with you" he said. Apparently Keith didn't notice the tension between us and Brett. Brett looked from Calum to me, then turned back to Keith. "Alright, let's go" he huffed, then walked away with him. I turned to face Calum, and we both sighed a sign of relief. 

------------
Sorry this chapter was so short, Its 11pm right now and I felt like writing. Also guys I hated writing the part where Brett asked if Luke was a fag 😫 Since I think y'all know I'm Pan and part of the LGBT+ community, it makes me so sad to see people being rude to people for being gay and such. But I do hope y'all liked this chapter! Please comment your feedback and let me know how you're liking the story so far :)

-Lizz