Chapter Eight

*Michael's POV*

"Dude cover me! I'm trying to find the safehouse" Luke said, watching the TV  screen intently. He and I were at his house hanging out. Right now we were playing video games.  "Hurry up, there's a horde coming!" I said loudly, rapidly hitting buttons on the controller. My character moved in a circle, shooting all the zombies around it. "I found it, follow me" Luke said, his character came into view and I followed it into the safehouse. "Hell yeah" I shout as the next level began. Luke paused the game and stood up. "I'm going to get Doritos for us" he said, making his way over to the kitchen. I nodded, and looked at my phone, checking for notifications. "Do you want a root beer?" Luke called from the kitchen. "Sure" I called back.

Just then, Luke's phone beeped. "Hey I think you got a text" I said, glancing up from my phone. "Who's it from?" He called. I grabbed his phone from the side table and looked at the screen. "It's from Cal, I-" My mouth dropped open as I proceeded to read the message.

From: Calum
You need to Michael, he deserves to know how you feel about him. He might like you back.

"What'd he say?" Luke called.

I didn't respond, I just continue to  stare at the screen.

"Michael?" Luke said, walking into the living room. He set the chips and drinks on the table. I looked at him and handed him his phone. He looked at the screen and then looked back at me. "Uh, I-" he started. "Luke, do you.." I trailed off. He bit his lipring. "Um.." he looked down, his face getting red. "Do you...like me?" I asked.

"No...I...Maybe" he said quietly. "Sorry, I'm-" I moved closer to him and grabbed his hand. "No it's okay. I..I like you too" His eyes widened and he bit his lip. "Really?" He asked, almost whispering. "Yeah" I said, lacing our fingers together. "What about Anika?" He asked, looking down at our hands. "I've kinda been wanting to break up with her for a while now. I don't think I'm into girls as much as guys" I said. "We could...be more than friends..But not until you guys are over." He said, looking into my eyes. "Yeah of course" I nodded, a smile forming.
--------------
Yeeeeee Muke is happeninggggg! And I'm gonna try to put Ash into more chapters, I'm sorry he hasn't been a big character in recent chapters. I hope you enjoyed 💕

-Lizz