Chapter Nine

*Michael's POV*

I promised Luke that I would break up with Anika today, so I messaged her and asked to meet me at the park. I wanted to do this in person, so I wasn't one of those assholes to break up over the phone.

She agreed to meet me, and about an hour later, we were sitting next to each other on a park bench. "I just want to let this out" I said suddenly. She turned to me, intrigued. "So you know how I'm Bi" I say, more as a statement than a question. She nods. "Well, I was thinking about it, and I realized that I like guys more than girls." I told her.

She bites her lip and nodded slowly. "I understand" She said, looking away from me. "Is this about Luke?" She asked, turning back to face me suddenly. "What?" I ask, completely surprised. She sighed and brushed a strand of hair out of her face. "I know you like him" she said.

I was at a loss for words. "How did you- was it that obvious?" I ask. She shifts in her seat. "Whenever he's around, you pay more attention to him. You're always with him. You just...don't feel the same way about me that you do for him. And I get it, I'm not upset. I'll miss you, but you two will be cute together " she says, slightly smiling. I smile back at her. "You're amazing" I tell her, leaning it to hug her.

"We've known each other since the 2nd grade. I just want you to be happy." She tells me as we pull away.  "We're still friends then?" I ask. She smiles and punches me lightly on the shoulder. "Of course. But I don't want Luke to be upset that we're still friends. I don't want to get between you two" she tells me.

"I'll make sure he knows" I tell her as we get up to leave. As I wave goodbye to her and hop into my car, I start writing a text to Luke.

To: Luke
Lukey, I broke up with her. We need to talk about us. I'll be at your house in 10.
-------
It's currently 1:45am and I have a headache but I really wanted to write this chapter :D I hope you guys like it, and I hope you guys are looking forward to Muke as much as I am! 💕

-Lizz