Chapter 1

Hi there :)

I'm open for any comments. Especially regarding my grammar. Thank you!

Enjoy reading..

--

Point Of View
- Third Person -

"Okay! So here is your special double-chocolate frappe!"

The barista said proudly as he handled the order of the customer, a smile can be seen on the face of the latter while looking at the order.

"If I'm not mistaken I ordered double-chocolate frappe not mentioning the word special." the customer replied teasing the barista.

"It's my job." the barista assured, he was Joon. The junior of the coffee store. "And double-chocolate is my specialty, I always make sure to make it the best." he added.

"I see, right I get it." the customer chuckled in amusement and started making her way to the exit. "Thanks. I hope my daughter will like this." she added and Joon just nodded as a response.

"Now I agree with what the guard has said that we are getting more customers because of you."

He heard someone speak from his back. It happened to be the senior manager.

He smiled at her, the one who made the job interview of Joon during his application last month.

Basically he owed her a lot for letting him work in the store.

"I just hope that he's also that cheerful in his own real world."

One of his colleagues teased.

"Yes. Thank you." was all he managed to say and continued working.

He can't disagree with that, they were just stating the truth.

Joon was a good worker to his customers, he talked with them cheerfully and happily. But deep inside, he's different.

He can be cheerful just like the other normal people but there's this side of him that's full of darkness.

He has been feeling so sad and lonely since the death of his mom. He's renting an apartment and living alone, all by himself. He hated how common his situation was.

Time had passed and Joon's shift was done.

"Here take it. I don't want you skipping meals. I can't afford your absence here. Thanks for the hard work today, good night!"

The senior manager cheered handling him the small bag of food.

Joon smiled in gratitude thanking her. He took the bag and started walking out of the store.

"Take care Joon!" he looked back as he heard a goodbye from his colleagues.

He nodded and waved his right hand.

Walking at night was a little comforting to him, he's not a stranger to the dark. The two pieces of burger in the small bag had his eyes glitter.

He was really thankful to his colleagues because they treated him good given that he just started joining them two weeks ago.

He may be skipping meals for strange reasons but not all the time, when it's just needed. Living alone was really hard that he needed to save money in order to survive, ignoring the fact that skipping meal was not good.

He laid down on his bed in silence when he got home, staring at the ceiling for an hour now.

"I miss you mom."

He mumbled almost not making sound as he talked.

Tomorrow will be his mother's 7th death anniversary, 2nd of December.