Introductions

I have a request of you.

You stare at the phone in you hand for a moment, frowning at the series of unrecognized numbers at the top. It's not someone you know, it's probably just a wrong number. Your thumb hovers over the delete button because the text message isn't even worth responding to. The phone vibrates again before you can.

I know about your power.

Your head darts up searching the area around you, for someone, anyone who might be the sender. Your heart beats so heavy, so loud, you're sure it's about to burst and you'd die right there in the middle of the crowded marketplace. You know you were subtle coming here, you know you hadn't used your power in front of other people. You know what the government does to the mutants it finds.

You need to trash your phone, you need to run, before it's too late.

I need your help.

You pause.

My research has been stolen, I need you to steal it back.

A woman and a child bumps into you, and she showers you with apologies you barely hear over the racing of your own thoughts. The bitter part of you whispers that if that woman knew what you were, what you could do, she wouldn't bother apologize before she screamed for the Mutant Detainment Officers to take you away.

Please help me.

This address is for a coffee shop near here. Please come.

I'll explain everything.

You have two choices now. 

Either you accept the messages and follow the address, with open eyes and powers at the ready. If it's an ambush there's no way you could be caught in it, not with your power. You can see what the mysterious sender needs, what this research is. 

Or you can power off your phone, rip out the SD card and break it under your heel while you throw the phone in the nearest trash can. Then you run, far and hard. And you hope that you still have enough time to avoid the MDOs patrolling the city.

The choice is yours.

***

If you wish to follow the address to the coffee shop, send a PM to @greenninjagal and I will send you the form I will need for your character building. Don't worry gameplay will start in the next chapter so you will be able to try out your social skills and your mutant abilities, along with a list of rules you will have to obey if you want to play.

If you wish to run away from destiny, well don't fret. You live by your wit and skill, and managed not be caught by the MDOs. However you get to see what you missed out on in the headlines of the newspapers by reading on to the next chapter. Comment all you want, just try to avoid doing it on the main chain.