Chapter 4

Morning breaks on the beach. Waves crash on the shore spraying sea salt into the air. At this hour in the morning, no one is out to see the mutants burst frantically from the hidden exit from the bunker.

The water is dark blue, almost purple with the reflection of the misty sky. Seagulls cry absently from their posts in the beach trees. It seems like there might be dolphins in the waves this morning.

Off in the distance, about a good two hour's walk across the sandy beach, rests the boardwalk and beyond that, the city that just yesterday all the mutants had been scurrying around oblivious to each other.

Ivan carries a sleeping Jack leading the way to the waves edge. Sapphire and Xeno follow closely seeming to steal glances at each that linger more and more.

Oliver has faded back into unconsciousness, carried by Felix. Jax, with his phone out, and Ash, still exhausted from using her power and being woken suddenly, stand on either side of him both holding their files.

There's no physical line drawn in the sand, but it's clear sides have been picked. It might be hard to work together when everyone is still arguing over who the leader is.

In Jax's phone, he's made use of his anonymity to find the Google maps location of Andrea and Oliver's lab, where a map crucial to breaking into the prison to save Andrea is said to be.

And the overbearing knowledge of Project Neutralizier exists outside what even Xeno had heard it was seems to weigh down some of the group. As well as the prospect that they will have to slink through the city infested with MDOs and humans who sneer at the very mention of powers.

But as they say: a new dawn, a new hope!

Hopefully no one gets captured.

***

Start Main Chain here! :)